I think I'm missing something fundamental - iHigh give a different value than what's on the chart

Please refer to my screenshot below. The currentOpen is the opening price of the current candle. The OHLC that I print on the chart is for the candle-1 or the previous candle. The OHLC values I'm getting is different for each candle on the chart. As an example, I hovered my cursor on the candle-1 whose values are shown in the Data Window. But you will see based on my logs that the values are not the same.

What am I missing?

dinotrader15:
Please refer to my screenshot below. 

What screenshot?

dinotrader15:
What am I missing?
shift = 1,
Period = PERIOD_CURRENT/_Period
Symbol  = NULL/_Symbol

Keith Watford #:

What screenshot?

I uploaded an image. Here it is again.

Files:
ihigh.jpg  113 kb

Thank-god Avwerosuoghene Odukudu #:
shift = 1,
Period = PERIOD_CURRENT/_Period
Symbol  = NULL/_Symbol
Yeah, that's how I do it. The screenshot that was supposed to be in my original message was not uploaded. You can check it in comment #3 here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/437146#comment_43493644
I think I'm missing something fundamental - iHigh give a different value than what's on the chart
  • www.mql5.com
Please refer to my screenshot below. The currentOpen is the opening price of the current candle...

To start with, you should have included the time axis, I can see the values, but they just values of the last cursor position on the chart prior to the screenshot.

I would advise, you include time or manually check which candle value is been outputted.
Reason: