Partial Close By Order

Hello,

Where may I send a feedback to metaquotes, I think there could be added a trade function on mt5 of "Partial Close By":

Close By function allows us to close two trades one by another, saving up a spread cost, and be not influenced by slippage on the Close By operation.

But with this is possible only to close a full order, by another.

Example.

buy 1 lot

sell 0.5 lot

close sell by buy ---- > result you have only a buy of 0.5

Would be instead interesting to be able to close a partial order by another as well.

Example.

buy 1 lot

sell 0.5 lot

close sell 0.3 by buy ---- > result you have now a buy of 0.7 and sell of 0.2

Before sending any such feedback, make sure it is not possible.

In this particular case it is possible and has been for decades. 

Enrique Dangeroux #:

Before sending any such feedback, make sure it is not possible.

In this particular case it is possible and has been for decades. 

Could you show me how you do it?

I only see the first example doable, not the second one.

Enrique Dangeroux #: Before sending any such feedback, make sure it is not possible. In this particular case it is possible and has been for decades. 

When I originally read the OP's post I replied in a similar fashion and provided links to the documentation for the desktop and mobile apps on how to use CloseBy

However after reading the OP's again, I realised that they were correct, in the fact that we are unable to do a "partial close-by" during manual trading and deleted my post.

The terminal will always close one of the positions in total and and the other partially. What the OP is suggesting is that we close "both sides partially". That the terminal is unable to do at the moment.

I don't know how much of it would be necessary, as this sort of thing makes more sense when done by EAs. However as far as I can see, we are not able to do "partial" close-by on both sides currently on the terminal.

I may be obviously wrong here, as I have never used it on manual trading, and am only going by the documentation.

So, if you know of a way to do it, partially on both sides, via the terminal I would also be interested in knowing.

I also do not manually trade, so i would not know the exact limititions of the terminal interface, though i trust your word for it. 

But like you say, it makes more sense for EA or Script, because editing this through the interface of terminal would be notoriously annoying.

Fernando Carreiro #:

When I originally read the OP's post I replied in a similar fashion and provided links to the documentation for the desktop and mobile apps on how to use CloseBy

However after reading the OP's again, I realised that they were correct, in the fact that we are unable to do a "partial close-by" during manual trading and deleted my post.

The terminal will always close one of the positions in total and and the other partially. What the OP is suggesting is that we close "both sides partially". That the terminal is unable to do at the moment.

I don't know how much of it would be necessary, as this sort of thing makes more sense when done by EAs. However as far as I can see, we are not able to do "partial" close-by on both sides currently on the terminal.

I may be obviously wrong here, as I have never used it on manual trading, and am only going by the documentation.

So, if you know of a way to do it, partially on both sides, via the terminal I would also be interested in knowing.

Thank you Fernando to read carefully before shooting sentences or documents that are not actually replying my question.

I want to use this function in an EA, but I think that if this possibility doesn't exist on the terminal, than may not be either implemented on an EA.

I know how  to partial close two trades, but I want to partial close by saving a spread.

arimbur #: Thank you Fernando to read carefully before shooting sentences or documents that are not actually replying my question. I want to use this function in an EA, but I think that if this possibility doesn't exist on the terminal, than may not be either implemented on an EA. I know how to partial close two trades, but I want to partial close by saving a spread.

After analysing the MQL4 and MQL5 documentation, it seems that even via code in an EA, it is also not possible to do "partial close-by" on both opposite positions.

It is definitely not possible on MQL4, and in MQL5 one can set the volume parameter but I suspect it will be ignored.

So, it seems that even via EA it will not be possible to do "partial close-by" on both opposite positions. One side will always be a full close.

Fernando Carreiro #:

After analysing the MQL4 and MQL5 documentation, it seems that even via code in an EA, it is also not possible to do "partial close-by" on both opposite positions.

It is definitely not possible on MQL4, and in MQL5 one can set the volume parameter but I suspect it will be ignored.

So, it seems that even via EA it will not be possible to do "partial close-by" on both opposite positions. One side will always be a full close.

Where could I send then a feedback to mt5 to ask such a function to be implemented?

arimbur #: Where could I send then a feedback to mt5 to ask such a function to be implemented?

Either post in the Russian forum or write to the service desk and provide link to this thread.

However, I doubt they will take any notice or even consider your suggestion. Over the years, many requests and suggestions have been made, but they are mostly ignored or rejected.