New MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 1545: Fast switching between windows and changing price values with the mouse wheel - page 2

timkrug:
No.
That doesn't help to fix an issue.

The release notes says that it has been fixed control of access to private and protected class members. Does anybody know what has been changed?

Thanks. 

Alain Verleyen:
They never announced such feature.

you wrote me this answer

Alain Verleyen 2016.05.08 19:21      IT
tecnofinanza:

Dear Alain

if metatrader 5 will support, mql4 (compiling too), Custom Charts and real tick, it will be a very good platform, there will be nothing to complain anymore.

Compiling mql4 is quite important, because we have a long history of mql4 software, and very good programmers that have years of experience only on mql4.

Do you have any news about that?

Old mql4 codes will not compile. 

Recent (since build 600) code could compile if it uses the common language set between mql4 and mql5. For example OOP code.

All trading functions are different, and most indicators will need some adjustments.

"very good" programmers should not have big problems. 

-----------------

From your answer I understood that the mql4 new code will compile on MT5,  I was wrong?

tecnofinanza:

you wrote me this answer

Alain Verleyen 2016.05.08 19:21      IT

Old mql4 codes will not compile. 

Recent (since build 600) code could compile if it uses the common language set between mql4 and mql5. For example OOP code.

All trading functions are different, and most indicators will need some adjustments.

"very good" programmers should not have big problems. 

-----------------

From your answer I understood that the mql4 new code will compile on MT5,  I was wrong?

Could, not will.

It is possible to write code that will compile under both MQL4 or MQL5.

But you need to have an understanding of both languages to do so. 

tecnofinanza:

-----------------

You are mixing mql4 and ex4, that's very different.

As explained by honest_knave, mql4 COULD run on MT5 if coded intentionally in this purpose.

ex4 will NEVER run on MT5.

Alain Verleyen:
You are mixing mql4 and ex4, that's very different.

As explained by honest_knave, mql4 COULD run on MT5 it coded intentionally in this purpose.

ex4 will NEVER run on MT5.

thank you, for the answer, I'm not mixing... reading your answer I wrongly  assumed that metaquotes was in the process of doing finally a smart  move adding the mt4 "application pool/ framework (I do not know how you call it)"  to mt5 to finally abandon mt4, fer having added th hedging / ticks in history and working on custom charts.

Now I understand why none major broker here in London have any plan to to switch to MT5

honestly after having  gone through the  hedging, custom charts, and ticks in history, I think it's missed opportunity.

Reason: