backtest "no memory for ticks generating" - page 2

Fernando Carreiro #:

You need to improve your code. It is to "bulky" and using too many resources. Programming is not just about writing lines of code. It has to be "good" code if want it to work correctly and efficiently.

If I'm able to do it on 16GB RAM / 1TB drive, then that just shows you how inefficient your code is if you can't do it with 128GB RAM / 16TB drive.

is that because i backtest 5 years real tick is so long?

Sheldon Kam #: is that because i backtest 5 years real tick is so long?

No, not really! I've run 5-10 years also with no problems. However, not all brokers offer so much tick data. So make sure you actually HAVE 5 years worth of tick data.

That in itself is not a cause for the so much RAM usage, but if you only have say 2 years worth of tick data, then there is no worth in testing 5 years if you only have 2.

The main problem, is that your code is "bulky" and inefficient.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No, not really! I've run 5-10 years also with no problems. However, not all brokers offer so much tick data. So make sure you actually HAVE 5 years worth of tick data.

That in itself is not a cause for the so much RAM usage, but if you only have say 2 years worth of tick data, then there is no worth in testing 5 years if you only have 2.

The main problem, is that your code is "bulky" and inefficient.

hello brother, finally all bug disappear and backtest so fast , after i reinstall windows..

Sheldon Kam #: hello brother, finally all bug disappear and backtest so fast , after i reinstall windows..
That was unexpected. It never occurred to me that it could be a Windows issue causing it.

Fernando Carreiro #:
That was unexpected. It never occurred to me that it could be a Windows issue causing it.
yeah, i don't know also , before reinstall need to use 100% ram and need 10 hours to backtest , after install only use 25% ram and 15 minutes to backtest

Sheldon Kam #: yeah, i don't know also , before reinstall need to use 100% ram and need 10 hours to backtest , after install only use 25% ram and 15 minutes to backtest

Thank you for proving feedback on your issue. It might help others if they have similar problems.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Thank you for proving feedback on your issue. It might help others if they have similar problems.

yeah, i think so many people meet not enough memory , i really suggest they try to reinstall windows

Hi, I came to leave a comment because I've been having this problem even though I didn't make major modifications to the code of my EA. I tried to revert 3 or 4 versions back and it clicked to me that the problem was not on the code. I restored a backup of the folder C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\<YOUR ID> and the problem went away, in case it helps anyone in the future.

Reason: