Unable to login to mql5 on mt4 - page 2

Cyberstock #: Thanks for your help. Re 1 please see attached, the full log since installation of this MT4. Re 2 no, not using proxy Re 3. Yes, I am seeing Market and Signals, see the screen shots attached.

Are both terminals on the same VPS, on the same user profile, where one works and the other does not, or is this on two separate VPS servers?

If on separate VPS servers, then on the failing server, there might be a problem with firewall settings or filters in place by the provider.

It is the same VPS, same user profile. What differs is the MT4 version, 1353 for the old working terminals and 1360 for the new terminal where the mql5 login problem persists.

Cyberstock #: It is the same VPS, same user profile. What differs is the MT4 version, 1353 for the old working terminals and 1360 for the new terminal where the mql5 login problem persists.

Build 1360 is a beta build. Don't use it. Copy the executables from the 1353 build onto the other directory, namely "terminal.exe" and "metaeditor.exe".

And don't connect to the MetaTrader demo accounts if you don't want to receive beta builds.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Build 1360 is a beta build. Don't use it. Copy the executables from the 1353 build onto the other directory, namely "terminal.exe" and "metaeditor.exe".

And don't connect to the MetaTrader demo accounts if you don't want to receive beta builds.

Thanks, I have done that as well and the result is the same on version 1353 as 1360 i.e. can't login to mql5.

I have also deleted the Communities folder under the Terminal folder (in Data) as I've seen in another thread. It didn't help either, still same issue. 

Cyberstock #:Thanks, I have done that as well and the result is the same on version 1353 as 1360 i.e. can't login to mql5. I have also deleted the Communities folder under the Terminal folder (in Data) as I've seen in another thread. It didn't help either, still same issue. 

I would suggest a renaming the "config" folder to something else and then copying the config folder from the other setup and then making the necessary changes after that.

If that fails, then maybe do a clean install. Alternatively, do a clean manual setup using "portable" mode. That is how I do it. I have not done a normal installation for over a decade. I only use portable mode.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I would suggest a renaming the "config" folder to something else and then copying the config folder from the other setup and then making the necessary changes after that.

If that fails, then maybe do a clean install. Alternatively, do a clean manual setup using "portable" mode. That is how I do it. I have not done a normal installation for over a decade. I only use portable mode.

Many thanks Fernando for the suggestion. 

I did a clean install and the issue persisted.

But, the support advised me to reset my MQL5 password. Apparently my password got "corrupted" for some reason, it happens occasionally. I reset the password, used the auto-generated one to log in and it solved the problem. Very awkward. Well, important thing is it works ok.

So, for those having issues with login into your MQL5 account on MT4 terminal, please reset your password, even if you can log in into the MQL5 site.

Thank you to everyone that spent precious time replying and helping me to solve the problem; I appreciate this forum so much!

Reason: