My mt4 Account used by someone else for signals

i tried upload my mt4 account as signal provider and i got message its used already? someone cheating. so mql4 team should find out. i need upload my account myself.

this is my account for signal 3020121 infinox live4 but showing someone else using it how possible?

Files:

Keith Richards:

i tried upload my mt4 account as signal provider and i got message its used already? someone cheating. so mql4 team should find out. i need upload my account myself.

this is my account for signal 3020121 infinox live4 but showing someone else using it how possible?

If you used this account to subscribe to a signal in MQL5.com before, you can't publish it as your own signal now.

Use another trading account.

Eleni Anna Branou #:

If you used this account to subscribe to a signal in MQL5.com before, you can't publish it as your own signal now.

Use another trading account.

i never did. but mql4 should tell me who using it and can remove easily but there is no support on mql4 its unfair for subscribers not have live chat or support

Keith Richards #:
i never did. but mql4 should tell me who using it and can remove easily but there is no support on mql4 its unfair for subscribers not have live chat or support

Then you've shared your account credentials with someone or others in the past, there is no other way.

MQL5.com is not to blame over this, be careful with whom you share your personal details in the future.

Eleni Anna Branou #: Then you've shared your account credentials with someone or others in the past, there is no other way. MQL5.com is not to blame over this, be careful with whom you share your personal details in the future.

I feel that this may be a double-edged sword for some traders.

Since signals are registered with the "investor" password, and many traders sometimes give out the "investor" password to those with whom the may be trying to solicit into investing with them, it can be tricky.

I suggest that traders doing this, regularly change their investor password and every time they give it out, to minimise the chance of someone else trying to register a signal with their account, but unfortunately this is not totally foolproof and can still happen.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Since signals are registered with the "investor" password, and many traders sometimes give out the "investor" password to those with whom the may be trying to solicit into investing with them, it can be tricky.

I suggest that traders doing this, regularly change their investor password and every time they give it out, to minimise the chance of someone else trying to register a signal with their account, but unfortunately this is not totally foolproof and can still happen.

Exactly Fernando, all this can be avoided with a simple investor password change.

i already changed password. Still mt4 number cannot be changed. Error is on mt4 number. mql4 should tell me who is using my mt4 and remove from signals.

Fernando Carreiro #:

yes its changed. but mt4 number is same. mql4 should remove other person using it so i could upload myself.

Keith Richards #: yes its changed. but mt4 number is same. mql4 should remove other person using it so i could upload myself.

If you have changed your Investor password, then the signal being provided by someone else will no longer work, so MetaQuotes will not need to "remove" it. It will simply stop functioning and later be suspended due to inactivity.

However, that been said, even if MetaQuotes were to actively ban that person from using the site, your trading account will still not be eligible for a signal, because it was already used once. I don't see MetaQuotes going to the trouble of actively trying to find out who is telling the truth and whom the real owner of the account is. They will simply block it entirely from ever being used again as a signal.

But, if you wish, report the issue to the Service Desk and see if they are willing to look into the matter and find a solution that will allow it.

Contact Us
Contact Us
  • www.mql5.com
Send your messages and see the history of your requests to the mql5.com support team even if you are not registered on the website.
Reason: