Do you dare to hold profit floating? - page 2

cut short loss let profits run

Indanguang Samrow Panmei #:
cut short loss let profits run

Thanks for sharing this guru talk. I guess it it was just a matter of time for somebody to kick in the open door.

I have yet to encounter the guru explaining the run part. How do you do it? Let it run to where? How low, how high, how long?

I am not talking about a carry trade.

Enrique Dangeroux #: Thanks for sharing this guru talk. I guess it it was just a matter of time for somebody to kick in the open door. I have yet to encounter the guru explaining the run part. How do you do it? Let it run to where? How low, how high, how long? I am not talking about a carry trade.

"Let your profits run" refers to using a Trailing Stop-Loss instead of a Take-Profit!

The correct approach should be: cut off losses and let profits run.
Then, the reality is: most people hold losing orders for a long time and close their positions with a slight profit.
This is because after a loss, fantasize that  can carry it back to the cost line, and afraid of losing what I have gained after making a profit.
The fundamental reason is that there is no trading logic system of its own and no self-confidence.

The greatest lie in trading,  is using a Stop Loss.  Show me someone who use it,  and I show you a loser. The only chance to keep profit,  is using, scalping swings,  when they are making a swing hi or low. 

rainwalker123 #: The greatest lie in trading,  is using a Stop Loss.  Show me someone who use it,  and I show you a loser. The only chance to keep profit,  is using, scalping swings,  when they are making a swing hi or low. 

🤣😪 I'm laughing and crying at the same time to the height of ignorance!

rainwalker123 #:
... is using, scalping swings,  when they are making a swing hi or low. 

You have shared a valuable knowledge.
 - Beginners who read it should explore it further.
 * and I hope they will appreciate you.

Fernando Carreiro #:

"Let your profits run" refers to using a Trailing Stop-Loss instead of a Take-Profit!

I agree with this method Fernando.

rainwalker123 #:
The greatest lie in trading,  is using a Stop Loss.  Show me someone who use it,  and I show you a loser. The only chance to keep profit,  is using, scalping swings,  when they are making a swing hi or low. 

If you meant about money management. So I agree but different with you (I'm a swing trader brother), but we still a family as a traders.. :D

Dao Liang Ding #:
The correct approach should be: cut off losses and let profits run.
Then, the reality is: most people hold losing orders for a long time and close their positions with a slight profit.
This is because after a loss, fantasize that  can carry it back to the cost line, and afraid of losing what I have gained after making a profit.
The fundamental reason is that there is no trading logic system of its own and no self-confidence.
You are right Dao Liang Ding, this is about trading psychology. I think that's happened due to they don't know the probability of their method.
Reason: