Do you dare to hold profit floating?

Holding loss floating is common. But, how many traders dare to hold profit floating?
Do you know the key? This happens due to many traders never backtest their method, so they don't know the probability of their method. As long you know the probability of your method, it will make you consistent to hold your goal.
Which one are you, dare to hold loss floating only or you dare to hold profit floating?

For most people there is a huge gap between what they say and what they actually do.

So instead of asking what people would *like* to do, take a look at the signals to see what they actually do if you are interested in facts instead of opinion.

Enrique Dangeroux #:

For most people there is a huge gap between what they say and what they actually do.

So instead of asking what people would *like* to do, take a look at the signals to see what they actually do if you are interested in facts instead of opinion.

Dear Enrique,
I have my own method. This is just a discussion. I just wanna hear about the traders opinion. Maybe people/traders could have benefit from this forum and discussion.

Hansen:
Holding loss floating is common. But, how many traders dare to hold profit floating?
Do you know the key? This happens due to many traders never backtest their method, so they don't know the probability of their method. As long you know the probability of your method, it will make you consistent to hold your goal.
Which one are you, dare to hold loss floating only or you dare to hold profit floating?

I believe any system must be giving at least 2:1 (reward:risk)

it is a mathematically proven system where if you lose 3 trades and make 2 profits you may come at breakeven after brokerage deduction

when any trader forget to add SL or just do not add it intentionally because he may believe that market fluctuates and he dont want to get his trade closed due to volatile movement which are quick fast and some time liquidate a trader too, then the things starts going wrong, a trade in loss is kept holded and trader may lose 50% 70% or full capital when market moves aggressively.

Holding a trade in profit is very rare because its usually done by a system which automatically trail SL, Holding trade for long duration is rare when you keep watching screen for long time, but possible with EA which trails SL automatically.

For manual day trading, i suggest scalping or short term trades with any strategy which follows minimum 2:1 and you add your SL / tp in system and not in mind then this scenario of holding losses will be impossible..

For some, holding floating profit is not a dare. It is a must.

Your strategy says hold it, so do it.

Arpit T #:

I believe any system must be giving at least 2:1 (reward:risk)

it is a mathematically proven system where if you lose 3 trades and make 2 profits you may come at breakeven after brokerage deduction

when any trader forget to add SL or just do not add it intentionally because he may believe that market fluctuates and he dont want to get his trade closed due to volatile movement which are quick fast and some time liquidate a trader too, then the things starts going wrong, a trade in loss is kept holded and trader may lose 50% 70% or full capital when market moves aggressively.

Holding a trade in profit is very rare because its usually done by a system which automatically trail SL, Holding trade for long duration is rare when you keep watching screen for long time, but possible with EA which trails SL automatically.

For manual day trading, i suggest scalping or short term trades with any strategy which follows minimum 2:1 and you add your SL / tp in system and not in mind then this scenario of holding losses will be impossible..

I'm grateful being a manual and swing trader so I can manage the closing position (of course I do it based on my analysis, calculation, and the data).
But nice opinion Arpit..

John Winsome Munar #:
For some, holding floating profit is not a dare. It is a must.
John.. You must be the one.. :D

long time traders, which I personally call investors, will hold floating profit for months while short time traders have their TP well set in mind and in their strategy, one holds the green till their strategy tells them to exit the trade.the more green the better, only difference is that short time trade calls for exit fast. it is all about strategy and goals

_MAHA_ #:
Your strategy says hold it, so do it.
That's right MAHA

Marian Nelu Iopsu #:
long time traders, which I personally call investors, will hold floating profit for months while short time traders have their TP well set in mind and in their strategy, one holds the green till their strategy tells them to exit the trade.the more green the better, only difference is that short time trade calls for exit fast. it is all about strategy and goals
Marian, your opinion is good brother
Reason: