Which charts are required for VPS?

I have an ea that refers to the current timeframe for most actions, but also looks at a larger timeframe for one of the indicators. When back testing on the current timeframe it looks at the bigger timeframe automatically and uses this info as it should. When testing in demo account it does the same so all is fine. However, when migrating to a VPS will I need to have the bigger timeframe chart open aswell as the current timeframe? Or will the ea still be able to take data from the larger timeframe without it being open?

Bluntside:
I have an ea that refers to the current timeframe for most actions, but also looks at a larger timeframe for one of the indicators. When back testing on the current timeframe it looks at the bigger timeframe automatically and uses this info as it should. When testing in demo account it does the same so all is fine. However, when migrating to a VPS will I need to have the bigger timeframe chart open aswell as the current timeframe? Or will the ea still be able to take data from the larger timeframe without it being open?
Nope. You do not need to have the higher time frame chart opened. Just open the time frame you EA needs to run on.

doshur:
Nope. You do not need to have the higher time frame chart opened. Just open the time frame you EA needs to run on.

You will have to manually initialize the other chart at least once. You can do this either by going to history center or simply opening the chart with the desired timeframe. This needs to be done to initialize the history bars for that timeframe.

After initializing the history bars, there is no longer any need to keep the other chart open. This is also the case when you are certain that the chart has already been opened previously. After that, it will already be updated automatically.

Ok thanks guys for your help!

Iceron:

You will have to manually initialize the other chart at least once. You can do this either by going to history center or simply opening the chart with the desired timeframe. This needs to be done to initialize the history bars for that timeframe.

After initializing the history bars, there is no longer any need to keep the other chart open. This is also the case when you are certain that the chart has already been opened previously. After that, it will already be updated automatically.

You seem to know what you're talking about :) So I just have 1 further question. My ea is set to trade certain hours and it works fine, but what clock do I set this by? At the moment I've set the hours to work with the brokers time (the time shown in market watch) But after putting the ea onto the VPS, I've noticed in the VPS log that the time is an hour different to my broker time. So what will the ea use? My broker time or the time used by the VPS?

Bluntside:
You seem to know what you're talking about :) So I just have 1 further question. My ea is set to trade certain hours and it works fine, but what clock do I set this by? At the moment I've set the hours to work with the brokers time (the time shown in market watch) But after putting the ea onto the VPS, I've noticed in the VPS log that the time is an hour different to my broker time. So what will the ea use? My broker time or the time used by the VPS?
As far as I know, the time on the logs (local/vps time) is different from that on the chart (broker). I think it's better to stick to your broker's time, as a VPS provider may change server locations without notice, and possible change its local time i.e. the time on your VPS.
Reason: