Guys what am i missing here?

i am fairly new to coding. its been two days since i have been working on this.  compiling it brings 2 errors, i have checked the trade mqh file for help. but made more errors on the way.

here is the code.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#include<Trade\Trade.mqh>

// Create a Ctrade instance
void OnTick()
  {
   // create an empty string
   string entry="";

// Get the Ask Price
   double Ask=NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_ASK),_Digits);

// Get the Ask Price
   double Bid=NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_BID),_Digits); 

// create an array for several prices
   double myMovingAverageArray20[],myMovingAverageArray70[];

//Define the properties of the moving Average1
   int movingAverageDefinition1 = iMA (_Symbol,_Period,20,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE);

//Define the properties of the moving Average2
   int movingAverageDefinition2 = iMA (_Symbol,_Period,70,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE);

// sort the price array 1 from the current candle downwards
   ArraySetAsSeries(myMovingAverageArray20,true);

// sort the price array 2 from the current candle downwards
   ArraySetAsSeries(myMovingAverageArray70,true);

//Defined MA1, one line,current candle, 3 candles, store result
   CopyBuffer(movingAverageDefinition1,0,0,3,myMovingAverageArray20);

//Defined MA1, one line,current candle, 3 candles, store result
   CopyBuffer(movingAverageDefinition2,0,0,3,myMovingAverageArray70);

if (  //Check if the 20 candle EA is above the 50 candle EA
         (myMovingAverageArray20[0]>myMovingAverageArray70[0])
      && (myMovingAverageArray20[1]<myMovingAverageArray70[1])
      )
         (
         entry="buy"
         );

if (  //Check if the 20 candle EA is above the 50 candle EA
         (myMovingAverageArray20[0]<myMovingAverageArray70[0])
      && (myMovingAverageArray20[1]>myMovingAverageArray70[1])
      )
         (
         entry="sell"
         );

// sell 0.001 lot
   if (entry =="Sell" && PositionsTotal()<1)
   trade.sell (0.001,NULL,Bid,0,(Bid-150 * _Point),NULL);

// Buy 0.001 Lot
   if (entry =="Buy" && PositionsTotal()<1)
   trade.buy (0.001,NULL,Ask,0,(Ask-150 * _Point),NULL);

}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Please edit your (original) post and use the CODE button (Alt-S)! (For large amounts of code, attach it.)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum (2019)
              Messages Editor

2.  void OnTick()
      {
       ⋮
       int movingAverageDefinition1 = iMA (_Symbol,_Period,20,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE); 

Perhaps you should read the manual, especially the examples.
       How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
          How To Interpret Answers.
             RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.

They all (including iCustom) return a handle (an int). You get that in OnInit. In OnTick/OnCalculate (after the indicator has updated its buffers), you use the handle, shift and count to get the data.
              Technical Indicators - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
              Timeseries and Indicators Access / CopyBuffer - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
              How to start with MQL5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 3 #22 (2020)
              How to start with MQL5 - MetaTrader 5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 7 #61 (2020)
              MQL5 for Newbies: Guide to Using Technical Indicators in Expert Advisors - MQL5 Articles (2010)
              How to call indicators in MQL5 - MQL5 Articles (2010)

3.    )
             (
             entry="buy"   
             ); 
    Brackets are not the same as parentheses. You terminate a statement with a semi-colon; not brackets.

Some simple fixes:

1. You need to declare the object "trade" after including the mqh file

#include<Trade\Trade.mqh>
CTrade trade;

2. The buy and sell methods need to spelt correctly (capitalised 1st letters)

// sell 0.001 lot
   if(entry == "Sell" && PositionsTotal() < 1)
      trade.Sell(0.001,NULL,Bid,0,(Bid - 150 * _Point),NULL);

// Buy 0.001 Lot
   if(entry == "Buy" && PositionsTotal() < 1)
      trade.Buy(0.001,NULL,Ask,0,(Ask - 150 * _Point),NULL);
  }

Now it compiles for me - give that a try.

Also when pasting code use "Alt+S" or click the "Code" button on the toolbar

omg thanks guys this helped a lot, also thankyou for directing me on examples and references. <3

R4tna C #: Now it compiles for me - give that a try.
      trade.Sell(0.001,NULL,Bid,0,(Bid - 150 * _Point),NULL);
⋮
      trade.Buy(0.001,NULL,Ask,0,(Ask - 150 * _Point),NULL);

You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. Pending Buy Stop orders become market orders when hit by the Ask.

1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's/Sell Limit's entry) are triggered when the Bid / OrderClosePrice reaches it. Using Ask±n, makes your SL shorter and your TP longer, by the spread. Don't you want the specified amount used in either direction?

2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's/Buy Limit's entry) will be triggered when the Ask / OrderClosePrice reaches it. To trigger close to a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
              MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #25

3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.)
    Most brokers with variable spreads widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes. My GBPJPY shows average spread = 26 points, but average maximum spread = 134 (your broker will be similar).

William Roeder #:

You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. Pending Buy Stop orders become market orders when hit by the Ask.

1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's/Sell Limit's entry) are triggered when the Bid / OrderClosePrice reaches it. Using Ask±n, makes your SL shorter and your TP longer, by the spread. Don't you want the specified amount used in either direction?

2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's/Buy Limit's entry) will be triggered when the Ask / OrderClosePrice reaches it. To trigger close to a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
              MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #25

3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.)
    Most brokers with variable spreads widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes. My GBPJPY shows average spread = 26 points, but average maximum spread = 134 (your broker will be similar).

Yes, well observed - I was just aiming to make it compile rather than look deeper into it, but this will help the OP for sure

Reason: