Demo results vs Real results

Hello guys I have a question, I have created a bot that seems to be doing well in the demo account, can the results be affected when I transfer the bot to a real account

Derrick Mutange: Hello guys I have a question, I have created a bot that seems to be doing well in the demo account, can the results be affected when I transfer the bot to a real account

Yes! Conditions may be different, such as spread, slippage, tick volume, etc.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes! Conditions may be different, such as spread, slippage, tick volume, etc.

How can one mitigate such conditions?

Derrick Mutange #: How can one mitigate such conditions?

With knowledge and experience. It is not possible to convey that over a few posts.

You have to observe the market and the symbol you wish to trade. Take time to manually trade it as well to get a sense of it, to see which hours are more volatile, and how the market reacts, etc.

As time goes by, you tweak your code, add more control, adjust risk management, etc.

It takes time to develop the skill and gain the knowledge, just like any other profession.

Derrick Mutange #:

How can one mitigate such conditions?

Act as follows, proceed to the nest step if you are satisfied:

1. optimize in the tester
  2. pick special market situation e.g. a sharp trend reversal or flat for quite some time and observe your system in visual mode in the tester
  3. run your system on a demo account
  4. run your EA on a cent account
  5. run your EA on a real account and make sure that the observed drawdown will not nullify the account due to lot size, balance and equity
  6. once and a while withdraw a portion of the profit
Reason: