EA Works on One MT4 Broker, but Not Another

Hello,

I hope that I am posting this in the right section.

I've done so research of my own to see if I could find the solution online, but this doesn't seem to be such a big topic. I've found post of other who had the same issues, but no one offered any solutions. I figured I give it a shot myself as well. So here goes....

I've had an EA created for me to traded on a prop trading firm (FTMO). This prop firm allows EA's and does not have any systems in place for blocking EA's (if that's even possible). When I load the EA on the chart, Auto Trading is enabled, I have the "smiley face" in the top right corner, and DLL imports are enabled both in the settings and EA properties. I am receiving no errors in the "Experts" or "Journal" tabs. Now I know there isn't an issue with the EA because I've tested it on FOREX.COM's platform and it works perfectly fine there. I've reached out to FTMO's support and they told me to contact the author of my EA. I've contacted the author and said it should be working if there are no errors. I did find some mention about an issue with the account being either ECN or STP. But my author confirmed that this EA should work on either ECN or Non-ECN accounts. But with no errors, this should not be the issue.

I'm at a total loss here, so if anyone can help or point me in the right direction, it'll be most appreciated!

Matthew Brito: I've contacted the author and said it should be working if there are no errors.

It is broken. Your author must debug it. "Should work" is irrelevant. You can do nothing unless you have the source code.

Matthew Brito:

Hello,

I hope that I am posting this in the right section.

I've done so research of my own to see if I could find the solution online, but this doesn't seem to be such a big topic. I've found post of other who had the same issues, but no one offered any solutions. I figured I give it a shot myself as well. So here goes....

I've had an EA created for me to traded on a prop trading firm (FTMO). This prop firm allows EA's and does not have any systems in place for blocking EA's (if that's even possible). When I load the EA on the chart, Auto Trading is enabled, I have the "smiley face" in the top right corner, and DLL imports are enabled both in the settings and EA properties. I am receiving no errors in the "Experts" or "Journal" tabs. Now I know there isn't an issue with the EA because I've tested it on FOREX.COM's platform and it works perfectly fine there. I've reached out to FTMO's support and they told me to contact the author of my EA. I've contacted the author and said it should be working if there are no errors. I did find some mention about an issue with the account being either ECN or STP. But my author confirmed that this EA should work on either ECN or Non-ECN accounts. But with no errors, this should not be the issue.

I'm at a total loss here, so if anyone can help or point me in the right direction, it'll be most appreciated!

I have the same problem now on my forex fund account. Did you find a solution?

Darryl Tawembe #: I have the same problem now on my forex fund account. Did you find a solution?

What part of “your author must debug it” was unclear? What part of “You can do nothing unless you have the source code” was unclear?

Reason: