dual cpu 64 core - page 3

Marino Macis #: Thanks Fernando, I think we have solved the problem, within set affinity there were four groups each of which contains 64 cores, only the first group was active, after activating them all, I finally saw the cpu at 100%! Great Fernando and thank you very much !!

You are welcome!

Please remember however, that the above is a manual process and that on the next restart the affinity may restore to default values.

To automate this, you will need to setup a PowerShell script or use some other batch method, or a 3rd party application like WinAFC, to control or update the affinities.

Such an easy solution.

Great, I didn't expect CPU affinity to be an issue.

So, to recap, the issue was, the groups weren't active?

Edit: was this windows 10 or 11??

It might also be useful to experiment when the Tester Agent Manager is running, setting its affinity to all groups to see if it can then correctly add more agents.

EDIT: Or to start the Manager from the command-line with its affinity preset to all groups.

START [/AFFINITY <hex affinity mask>] [command/program] [parameters]

Fernando Carreiro #:

You are welcome!

Please remember however, that the above is a manual process and that on the next restart the affinity may restore to default values.

To automate this, you will need to setup a PowerShell script or use some other batch method, or a 3rd party application like WinAFC, to control or update the affinities.

Fernando, you are right the affinity checks are canceled, a more in-depth analysis shows that it is possible to attribute all 128 physical cores to the agents, while of course you have the attribution of 6 physical and 64 logical cores, so it is not resolved anyway the problem of being able to see all possible 256 Agents.

Fernando Carreiro #:

It might also be useful to experiment when the Tester Agent Manager is running, setting its affinity to all groups to see if it can then correctly add more agents.

EDIT: Or to start the Manager from the command-line with its affinity preset to all groups.

great solution!

Marino Macis #: Fernando, you are right the affinity checks are canceled, a more in-depth analysis shows that it is possible to attribute all 128 physical cores to the agents, while of course you have the attribution of 6 physical and 64 logical cores, so it is not resolved anyway the problem of being able to see all possible 256 Agents.

Use the suggestions I have already mentioned in posts #21 and #23.

Start the Manager from the command-line with its affinity preset to ALL processors, cores and threads by using the command-line instruction (please do some research on the web about this).

START [/AFFINITY <hex affinity mask>] [command/program] [parameters]

Use a PowerShell script to monitor and adjust the affinity accordingly .

Another option is to use WinAFC to have the manager and the agents start-up with the correct affinity.

And a final method to guarantee that the maximum number of agents is to combine these with Dominik's method in post #14.

EDIT: One more option to add to the various parts, is to directly edit the Registry and create entries to start the maximum number of agents automatically.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
For the second CPU to be utilized, use a virtual machine.

For the services use windows CMD tools to register the services.

This should enable you to use 256 agents.

But be aware, I wouldn't assign all ht/cores to a service, you need some for the os. Else it will be unfeasible to interact with the system.

Keep around 10% for the OS and your Apps.

Also, do not use the local agents in the terminal where you gather all the network agents.

I suggest putting all agents into virtual machines. It makes your life so much easier.

VirtualBox or VMware Player should do the job for you

Christian, the virtual machine solution is perfect, I used Microsoft's Hyper-V and finally you can see all the cores available, thanks.

It's Dominik.
Your welcome.

Marino Macis #:

Christian, the virtual machine solution is perfect, I used Microsoft's Hyper-V and finally you can see all the cores available, thanks.

Hi.. you mean with 64x2 physical core you got 256 total agents? So hyper threading is now working with the latest MT5 build?

I just have to follow your steps carefully?

Hyper threading has always been working, it is just not recommended.

The wizard will not use these cores, you need to do it manually.
Reason: