Freelance Commission of 10% Effective from April 6, 2015

Freelance Commission of 10% Effective from April 6, 2015

It's been about five years since the launch of Freelance. Over 15,000 jobs have been performed since then. The average job cost has also increased. This proves that the service is successful and popular among traders who come here to order customized software.

For many MQL4/MQL5 software developers, jobs in Freelance provide a good source of income. The service commission of only 5% does not cover the service development and maintenance costs. Also note that all the fees charged for money depositing to accounts are payed by the company.

Therefore, from the 6th of April, the Freelance service commission will be increased to 10%. Additionally, only authenticated users with the Seller status will be able to apply for jobs posted in the Freelance service.

Please take into account these changes when applying for new job offers. Thank you for your understanding.

:( .. High commission == Less Income == Less Job :)

biantoro:
:( .. High commission == Less Income == Less Job :)

I can understand that's how it looks at first glance and I wasn't too happy when I first read it but after more consideration, I'm quite happy for the following reasons:

• Only verified users can bid - long overdue! And will hopefully weed out a few people who probably shouldn't be bidding on jobs in the first place ;)
  • Knowing how much work goes into the backend of the freelance section, I can see that 5% would barely cover costs
  • 10% actually brings it more into line with other top freelance sites. We've had it pretty easy (and cheap) up till now! 
  • Coders ARE more likely to increase their prices, maybe even building in the fees to the quote. I personally think this is a good thing. I don't think it will have any impact on the amount of jobs.

So for what it's worth, that's my 2c :)

Cheers
Filter

Filter:

I can understand that's how it looks at first glance and I wasn't too happy when I first read it but after more consideration, I'm quite happy for the following reasons:

• Only verified users can bid - long overdue! And will hopefully weed out a few people who probably shouldn't be bidding on jobs in the first place ;)
  • Knowing how much work goes into the backend of the freelance section, I can see that 5% would barely cover costs
  • 10% actually brings it more into line with other top freelance sites. We've had it pretty easy (and cheap) up till now! 
  • Coders ARE more likely to increase their prices, maybe even building in the fees to the quote. I personally think this is a good thing. I don't think it will have any impact on the amount of jobs.

So for what it's worth, that's my 2c :)

Cheers
Filter

I am more on the opinion of Biantoro. I understand the reason of Metaquotes to do that, and this site and freelance will remain a must to find customer.

BUT the competition is so that I don't think it's possible to increase the prices significantly, you will always find people ready to code an EA for 10 USD.

What will happen is a decrease in the number of (completed) jobs, at least for me. And I think that's the goal, less jobs mean less arbitration which is without a doubt the most costly part of the service for Metaquotes. Even with less jobs but with a doubled fee, MQ is still winner in the operation.

maybe with this increasing fee..  MQ should add more withdrawal option. like WIRE TRANSFER.

so we are developers can cut expenses from transfering to webmoney or paypall.  

I have a suggestion for the next plan >> The minimum cost for the job is $ 50 !!!!! because its not logic to find some people who are working for 10$ !!!!!!!!

sayadi_lancer:
I have a suggestion for the next plan >> The minimum cost for the job is $ 50 !!!!! because its not logic to find some people who are working for 10$ !!!!!!!!
And what if someone needs a simple indicator that is worth maybe $20? What then?

Matija14:
And what if someone needs a simple indicator that is worth maybe $20? What then?

It should be there a solution for this issue,like creation of category mate in the freelancer site (Indicator category ,Script category,EA category,integration of DLL in MQL4 category....ect ) ! we can find mate a complex indicator sometimes. 

I have another suggest : The part of TOP developers  make the all work go only for those how are in TOP developers  and the new developers they don't have a good chance to get jobs..We can find a great developer and he is more competent than those who're in TOP developers. My suggestion is too remove this part of top developers,to give the same chance for all the VERIFIED DEVELOPERS TO GET JOB .... I hope that the manager take my suggestion in consideration. 

sayadi_lancer:

It should be there a solution for this issue,like creation of category mate in the freelancer site (Indicator category ,Script category,EA category,integration of DLL in MQL4 category....ect ) ! we can find mate a complex indicator sometimes. 

I have another suggest : The part of TOP developers  make the all work go only for those how are in TOP developers  and the new developers they don't have a good chance to get jobs..We can find a great developer and he is more competent than those who're in TOP developers. My suggestion is too remove this part of top developers,to give the same chance for all the VERIFIED DEVELOPERS TO GET JOB .... I hope that the manager take my suggestion in consideration. 

thats not fair. they had worked very hard to get listed as top developer.

as top developers, they have given many commission to this site. 

so get listed as top developers  is a luxury they deserve to have. 

i see that you have completed 10 jobs.

if you threated your customers very well, don't worry  you will get more repeated orders. 

i have 8 customers from this site that often  order a job directly to my email  and pay me straight to my skrill or my webmoney account.

so i did not have to pay 10% commission.   

because i threated them well. and they thrust me .

WDholic:

thats not fair. they had worked very hard to get listed as top developer.

as top developers, they have given many commission to this site. 

so get listed as top developers  is a luxury they deserve to have. 

i see that you have completed 10 jobs.

if you threated your customers very well, don't worry  you will get more repeated orders. 

i have 8 customers from this site that often  order a job directly to my email  and pay me straight to my skrill or my webmoney account.

so i did not have to pay 10% commission.   

because i threated them well. and they thrust me .

Look Mr, i know that they have worked harder..BUT look to this example please :

The coder X registered in the MQL5 community in 2012 and he started coding.... The coder x made until 2015 352 Jobs.

The coder Y registered in the MQL5 community in 2015 and he sarted coding...The coder y made only 2 or 3 Job in 2015...

By logic the coder y he will never reach the TOP developer because there is bug difference in time of registering in the MQL5 community...OR the coder X even he is in the TOP developers thats don't mean that he is more skilled that the new coder Y that he is new in the MQL5 community. 

I hope that MQL5 community take my suggest in consideration to make the chance equal between  all coders to get JOB ( both new VERIFIED CODER and OLDER CODER ) 

Now,for the commission 10% its good as a commission since all the famous OTHER freelancer website get a similar commission. ( I'm already a mobile developer and i worked in other Freelancer website as mobile developer..Second i recommend for you to use always MQL5 to get your payment because the community guarantee your payment and with THIS SMALL COMMISSION the MQL5 community can be GROW and be more bigger and please always remenber that MQL5 was the cause of getting your clients ;)  so I recommend for you to use always MQL5 community to get your payment !!!

sayadi_lancer:

Look Mr, i know that they have worked harder..BUT look to this example please :

The coder X registered in the MQL5 community in 2012 and he started coding.... The coder x made until 2015 352 Jobs.

The coder Y registered in the MQL5 community in 2015 and he sarted coding...The coder y made only 2 or 3 Job in 2015...

By logic the coder y he will never reach the TOP developer because there is bug difference in time of registering in the MQL5 community...OR the coder X even he is in the TOP developers thats don't mean that he is more skilled that the new coder Y that he is new in the MQL5 community. 

I hope that MQL5 community take my suggest in consideration to make the chance equal between  all coders to get JOB ( both new VERIFIED CODER and OLDER CODER ) 

Now,for the commission 10% its good as a commission since all the famous OTHER freelancer website get a similar commission. ( I'm already a mobile developer and i worked in other Freelancer website as mobile developer..Second i recommend for you to use always MQL5 to get your payment because the community guarantee your payment and with THIS SMALL COMMISSION the MQL5 community can be GROW and be more bigger and please always remenber that MQL5 was the cause of getting your clients ;)  so I recommend for you to use always MQL5 community to get your payment !!!

Second i recommend for you to use always MQL5 to get your payment because the community guarantee your payment 

yes. thank you. i already got scammed  twice.

now i only doing job via email if i got payment 100% done in advance .

i always said that i'm not interested to work if not getting payment first.

and lucky me.. they do thrust me  ;-) 

and 1 thing i like in transaction via email....  THERE IS NO ARBITRATION..   hahaha.. 

Reason: