Something Interesting in Financial Video April 2015 - page 2

How to Use Templates to Trade Forex with Metatrader

The next video in a series on how to trade forex using the metatrader platform. In this video we cover Metatrader templates

EUR/USD Forex Analysis- April 14, 2015

The EUR/USD pair fell during the bulk of the session on Monday, testing the 1.05 handle. This is an area that has been supportive in the past, so therefore it does not surprise me at all that we bounced. That bounce of course forming a hammer is a very bullish sign but I have no interest in buying this pair. I recognize that the Euro is a massive ball of trouble waiting to happen, and as a result I have no interest in being long of this pair. On top of that, the US dollar of course has strengthened exponentially for some time, so as a result I have no interest in shorting the Dollar.

Webinar - Improving Trading Performance by Dr. Brett Steenbarger

• Turning Trading into a Performance Activity
  • Characteristics of Successful Traders
  • Undercontrolled vs. Overcontrolled Trading
  • Patterns of Poor Trading
  • Common Behavioral Triggers
  • Diffusing and Managing Problems
  • Maximizing Strengths

Brett N. Steenbarger, Ph.D. has been actively involved in the financial markets since the late 1970s. He has served as Director of Trader Development for Kingstree Trading, LLC in Chicago and currently consults with traders in a number of professional trading organizations. He is also Clinical Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, NY.

A clinical psychologist and active trader, writer, and researcher for the past 20 years, Brett is the author of The Daily Trading Coach (Wiley, 2009); Enhancing Trader Performance (Wiley, 2006); and The Psychology of Trading (Wiley; 2003).

Forex Education: The 50% retracement and 200 bar MA Trading Rule

In this forex video, Greg Michalowski, Director of Technical Analysis and Trading Education at ForexLive.com will outline why traders should pay attention the 50% retracement and 200 bar MA combination

Online trading how to use Ichimoku cloud to know exactly entry and exit point

In this video Manesh Patel shows you how to use Ichimoku clound system to project your entry and exit trading point.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Something Interesting in Financial Video August 2013

newdigital, 2013.08.01 09:05

55. The Business Cycle and Fiscal Policy - What Traders Know

A lesson on the business cycle and how the government uses fiscal policy to try and keep growth going and inflation in check and what this means for traders of the stock, futures, and forex markets.

Fiscal policy can be defined for our purposes very simply as anything relating to government spending and taxation. Before looking at the fiscal policy role of government in trying to influence the economy, one must first have an understanding of the business cycle. For a number of reasons which are widely debated the economy goes through repeated periods of growth and contraction over time which can be broken down into the following phases.

1. A Contraction where economic activity and growth slows and can turn negative
2. Trough where the economy stops contracting and a new expansion begins
3. An Expansion or the speeding up of economic growth.
4. A Peak where the growth of the economy maxes out and begins to turn downward

We could spend many months going over and debating why this is but for our purposes it is simply important to understand that, while the timing and length of each of these phases has varied widely, the above pattern repeats itself over and over again throughout history. This is important for us as traders to understand as different phases of the business cycle and changes in peoples forecasts of where the economy is in those cycles is arguably the greatest factor which effects the price level of every market.

Prior to the great depression the US Government had a pretty hands off approach in regards to the business cycle. Since the great depression however the government has played a much more active role in the economy with its stated goals being to act to facilitate full employment and price stability. To help understand these goals and the balancing act that goes on between them as they often conflict, lets look at how each relates to the different phases of the business cycle.

USDCHF 2014 support provides resistance

“USDCHF has reversed from 9 year trendline resistance. Focus is on the median line (about .9300) that extends off of the 2012 high. This line crosses through highs in 2013 and the October 2014 low. The 52 week MA is near this line as well.”

Order Flow Scalping with John Grady

Reducing trading to it's most basic fundamental level
What is happening? Why do prices fluctuate? Why should order flow play a critical role in your methodology? It's an auction. When buyers overwhelm sellers, the market goes up. When sellers overwhelm buyers, the market goes down. This is why size matters. What we're trying to do is ride the coattails of guys who move size and ride the wave created by all the small traders who pile on board and help create the domino effect.

The importance of a good DOM
Most people do not understand why order flow is important because they have never seen a good DOM.

An inside look into the world of proprietary trading firms
Explanation of how prop firms work and how they train traders.

Technical analysis vs. reading the tape
Charts only show you the past price. They do not show you how the market traded at that price. How much volume changed hands and the way that exchange affected price makes a difference if you are contemplating getting involved in that area.

Predicting the future
Believing I know where the market will be an hour from now, let alone three days from now, is believing that I know something the rest of the world does not know. If large institutions, speculators and high frequency trading programs who move thousands of contracts and actually move the market are not currently involved and showing no signs of playing the game (i.e. a slow market with very little volatility), why would I want to be involved?

Video samples showing different types of action
Would like to show a few samples of prices being hit during fast action vs. dead action. Not going to show any actual trades as I do not want it to look like I'm pitching myself or cherry picking winners. Just want to demonstrate how sometimes it's obvious that you should probably be going one way if you're contemplating an entry and other times there's simply no educated guess to be made. This is clearly seen in the order flow.

Methodology vs. psychology

Developing a winning methodology is only the first part. The next part, which is equally important, is developing a proper risk methodology and understanding your own psychology when it comes to adhering to this risk methodology.

Press review

newdigital, 2015.04.21 07:08

Forex technical analysis (VIDEO): EURUSD starts the week more bearish. Can it continue? (based on forexlive article)

The EURUSD started the day at the highs and wandered lower in trading as the week got started. Will the bearishness continue this week? What levels will keep the bears in control.

Press review

newdigital, 2015.04.21 16:00

EUR/JPY, EUR/USD Triangles Continue to Develop Downside Potential (based on dailyfx article)

• EURJPY, EURUSD triangles begin to favor more downside.
  • EURGBP double top remains valid towards 0.7063.

Short-term technical indicators are close to turning outright negative for various EUR-crosses. For EURJPY and EURUSD, this potentially means continuation outside of their recent triangls after breaking the uptrends from last week's lows (although in EURUSD, a longer-term triangle may be in the works). For EURGBP, we've seen the key topside resistance level respected throughout the consolidation, keeping the double top intact.

Reason: