From theory to practice. Part 2 - page 158

That's an odd question considering the amount of time you spend on this site.

CHINGIZ MUSTAFAEV:
An odd question considering the amount of time you spend on this site.

A strange answer to a very specific question:"For whichbasics of knowledgeare there no textbooks? ". You have claimed that there are no textbooks of any kind.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

What "such"?

It is imperative that you know the basics of the theory that professional participants in the financial markets learn. At least at the level of Sharpe's Investments, for example.

What do you mean Sharpe? Who cares about Sharpe...

I think that deep knowledge of mathematics is useless in trading. You start to go deeper and there are all the same problems of fitting to the story. Waste of time.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

I think deep knowledge of mathematics is useless in trading.

Intuitive trading can live without the exact sciences. But you can't ruin an algo with mathematics.

Yes maybe, but I'm not thinking about intuitive trading, of course.

And not about thinning and series decomposition and other continuous things, but thinking about simpler parameters such as wave sizes, trends, locations of extrema relative to each other.

I don't believe you can benefit from the maths of a sliding window.

Aleksei Stepanenko:

Yes maybe, but I'm not thinking about intuitive trading, of course.

And not about thinning and decomposition of series and other continuous things, but about simpler parameters such as wave sizes, trends, locations of extremes relative to each other.

If the maths doesn't help, then you're putting it on the wrong side in the wrong place.

Tell me what you think about this. There is a stream of quotes, how do you apply the maths to it?

Aleksei Stepanenko:

Tell me what you think about this. There is a quote stream, how do you apply the maths to it?

The input is the quote stream. The output is trading. Everything in between is mathematics.

I'm asking more specific things. In what way do you use mathematics, between input and output? I'm not asking about the code or the algorithm, but about the general idea.
Reason: