An advisor without an indicator. Is this possible? - page 4

Fast235:

I have a problem with missing signals from the indicator, no one gave a recommendation

The problem was pointed out to you right away,

Forum on trading, automated trading systems & strategy testing

I miss signals in my TS

Evgeny Belyaev, 2021.03.16 16:09

They don't know what to do and they don't know how to do it.

It's a masterpiece:

A Russian translator is needed.
but you ignored it and continued to ramble on.........

Олег avtomat:

So wrong!

The correct way is:

ma[i] = (1 - a) * price + a * ma[i+1]

That is, we need an array whose required depth depends on parameter a.

Otherwise it will be a total nonsense, at least as long as the transition process lasts, which can take quite a long time, depending on parameter a.

It is easy to check all this by comparing the indicator readings with the corresponding calculations in the EA.

You don't need an array.

There is a calculated value at the current bar ma, aka ma[0]. As soon as a new bar appears, this value automatically becomes value ma[1]. After recalculation it also becomes value ma[0].

Alexey Viktorov:

The problem was immediately pointed out to you,

but you ignored it and went on raving

So the russian problem is already interfering with the code?

nothing to say, keep rambling elsewhere

I write briefly, understandably enough, if you can't work it out, you've got a problem.

PapaYozh:

There is no need for an array.

There is a calculated value on the current bar ma, aka ma[0]. As soon as there is a new bar, this value automatically becomes ma[1]. After recalculation it also becomes value ma[0].

It shouldn't be too hard for you to do the check. Do it and you'll understand.

Fast235:

is the russian language problem already interfering with the code?

nothing to say, keep rambling elsewhere

I write briefly, clearly enough, if you can't figure it out, you have a problem.

The work of the code - no, but to understand the description of the problem and try to understand - prevents.

And yes, this is not a problem of "Russian language", this is a problem of expressing your thoughts understandable to others, that various forum participants (and now I'm among them) are trying to point out to you.

The description seems clear to you, but other participants are out of your context and many things obvious to you are not obvious to them.

Олег avtomat:

It shouldn't be too hard for you to do the test. Do it and you'll find out.

Believe me, I can be rude too.

But if your results are really different where they should be, then look for an error in your code.

JRandomTrader:

The code does not work, but understanding the description of the problem and trying to make sense of it does.

And yes, this is not a problem of "Russian language", this is a problem of expressing your thoughts clearly to others, which various forum participants (and now I am among them) are trying to point out to you.

The description seems clear to you, but other participants are out of your context and many things obvious to you are not obvious to them.

I communicate a lot with Russian-speaking Chinese, this probably contributes to it, but believe me I know the language very well.

Besides, any professional would know what you're talking about, that's the difference.

Fast235:

I communicate a lot with Russian-speaking Chinese, which probably contributes to it, but believe me, I know the language very well.

any professional can understand what you're talking about, that's the difference.

So ask the Chinese for help. But your knowledge of Russian is not noticeable, not even close.

Apparently there are no professionals at your level on this site, all higher ...

You are better for yourself try to understand why you have not responded to anything of substance, and you wrote three pages of threads ...

Alexey Viktorov:

So ask the Chinese for help. But your knowledge of Russian is not noticeable, not even close.

Apparently there are no professionals at your level on this site, all of them are higher...

You'd better try to understand for yourself why you have nothing to say on the merits, and you wrote three pages of this thread ...

Let's discuss it.

No one but the developers will help me, the code works, there are no bugs there.

Don't you know what developers usually take into account?

----

you are not a pro, not interested in your answers anymore.

I have no time to explain like a child.

Nikolai Semko:

Of course to fully answer your question - you need experiments and proper tests. But I'm still more inclined to believe that it's more productive on average - all in one Expert Advisor thread.

Thanks for the comprehensive answer, informative

Reason: