Canvas vs Labels - page 2

Mihail Matkovskij:

Go ahead. But get agood handle on the code first, because code is a complicated thing, and I want clear, well-reasoned claims!

It sounds a bit like a call to do a good job for you and for you. And "for you".

That's what it looks like.

Artyom Trishkin:

I don't get it. The first image has a canvas and there is text on it.

The subsequent images do not have similar text on the graphic.

I mean, what was being compared then?

It's all about the different way objects behave when the program is terminated. In Kanvas, this:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Destructor                                                       |
CCanvas::~CCanvas(void)
  {
  }

As you can see, there is nothing. And with Labelle:

//| Destructor                                                       |
CChartObject::~CChartObject(void)
  {
   if(m_chart_id!=-1)
      ObjectDelete(m_chart_id,m_name);
  }

The object is deleted, as you can see.

Artyom Trishkin:

I don't get it. The first image has a canvas and there is text on it.

The subsequent images do not have similar text on the graphic.

I mean, what was being compared then?

What can we talk about if he is measuring in milliseconds, not micro, and even of a single pass. And moreover, he does not even understand that he is measuring the filling of the object characteristic table (which, at most, takes several tens of microseconds), but not the formation of the object itself.

Artyom Trishkin:

It sounds a bit like a call to do a good job for you and for you. And it's a "dare".

That's what it looks like.

Honestly, I didn't even think of anything like that when I wrote this post. You surprised me. :)

Nikolai Semko:
What can you say, if it measures in milliseconds, not micro

I was thinking the same thing. Nevertheless, milliseconds is accurate enough too, if you compare the total running time of the EA. About the rest, I don't understand. I think I have done everything correctly. I did it for myself, first of all!

Ok, I'll find an hour tomorrow and write a test, but now sleep. I mean tonight. It's 3:00 in the morning.
Only this test is unlikely to show a clear measurement, because ChartReDraw in the case of Labels lives its own separate life because of the brutal asynchrony. But it will show that using Labels is a shot in the leg.

Mihail Matkovskij:

Go ahead. But first understand the codeproperly, because code is a complicated thing, and I need a clear argumentative claim!

Nikolai Semko:
I won't understand your code "properly". As I've already looked through it. Short verdict - woe is me.
You'd better figure out my code, which I'll write in the next couple of months.

Really?! :) And after that you're going to tell me what I'm wrong about?! :)

At least you made me laugh. I'm in a good mood this morning. :)

Artyom Trishkin:

It sounds a bit like a call to do a good job for you and for you. And it's a dare.

At least let him understand the points where he has a complaint about the test...

Mihail Matkovskij:

At least let him understand the points where he has a complaint about this test...

If you're having a conversation, learn to read, not just write...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Canvas vs Labels

Nikolai Semko, 2021.03.11 08:59

What can we talk about if he measures in milliseconds, not micro, and even of a single pass. And what's more, he doesn't even realise that he is measuring the filling of the object characteristic table (which, at most, takes a few tens of microseconds) and not the formation of the object itself.
It is enough to call these measurements, and the whole code, by the appropriate word.

In fact, I think the whole discussion should be moved to the CodeBase discussion thread. Right here...
Библиотеки: Дисплей с оптимизацией для вывода графики в чарт по типу консоли
Библиотеки: Дисплей с оптимизацией для вывода графики в чарт по типу консоли
  • www.mql5.com
Статьи и техническая библиотека по автоматическому трейдингу: Библиотеки: Дисплей с оптимизацией для вывода графики в чарт по типу консоли
Reason: