There are programmers who have written 1000 EAs each and haven't found a single grail yet. There is not a single grail for 1000 EAs? - page 6

Georgiy Merts:

Examples are a branch full of them.

The most striking one is the breakdown of the channel with fixed TP-SL on the pound dollar in 2018-2019, the TS was working fine. And then - bang... And that was it... Deflated and hasn't even been in the top 20 since.

No one's interested in your league.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Nobody cares about your league.

I'm not talking about the League. You wanted an example, I gave it. What the hell is the League?

Georgiy Merts:

I'm not talking about the League. You wanted an example, I gave it. What the hell is the League?

Example trade, don't be stupid, there hasn't been a single monitoring since

Vladimir Baskakov:
Example trade, don't be stupid, there hasn't been a single monitoring

I do not need monitoring.

You need it, you organise it yourself, I will give you the investment password.

But you don't want it that way! You want me to do what you want me to do... for you. What the hell for, Vladimir?

Georgiy Merts:

But you don't want it that way! You want me to do what you want me to do... for you. What the hell for, Vladimir?

Oh, that's it, boring and impenetrable.

Georgiy Merts:

Cleverly shaved off a burdocker.))

Dmitry Fedoseev:
And the interval of several years - how is it? On weekly bars or on one-minute bars? Does it make any difference?

Mine runs some on M15, some on H4.

The interval of a few years is not in the tester, but a simulation of trading on a real chart for a few years. Have to do this as not all the information used is available in history.

Oleg Remizov:

Generally speaking, yes, the ratio of good ideas to the total number of tested ideas is not even 1 in 1000.
I don't know which EA can be called a grail. By grail everyone means something different. Someone super profitability, someone maintains profitability in any market, under any conditions, over any number of years, etc.

In reality, when testing strategies, they often either just lose or have periods of profit alternating with periods of loss, where the latter win. And it is absolutely impossible to compose such a filter, which would save entry points at profitable for the system period and cut them off at unprofitable one, If it does not make money at any time, then at least it does not lose money during periods when the market is unfavourable to it.

Try the equity of your system - or a sloping trend or a simple four-period MA on the equity - if it (Equity) is higher than the MA, then increase the initial lot by 3-6 times, if lower, divide the initial lot by 3-6 times ... This filters out unprofitable periods...

The weaknesses of any forum-based organisation is that there is no master and no responsibility. There is no team in such associations, everyone is on their own, without a plan, without skills. Skills that are accumulated over time are erased from memory.

And of course it is difficult for a trader to withstand a highly organized machine with a budget that exceeds the entire Russian GDP.

I have experience and understanding of market movements, but I don't see the point in explaining something to someone if he's not in the team or not in the inner circle.

BillionerClub:

The weaknesses of any forum-based organisation is that there is no master and no responsibility. There is no team in such associations, everyone is on their own, without a plan, without skills. Skills that are accumulated over time are erased from memory.

And of course it is difficult for a trader to withstand a highly organized machine with a budget that exceeds the entire Russian GDP.

I have experience and understanding of market movements, but I don't see the point in explaining something to someone if he's not in the team or not in the inner circle.

Right, first you have to learn how to do it yourself.
Reason: