There are programmers who have written 1000 EAs each and haven't found a single grail yet. There is not a single grail for 1000 EAs? - page 2

Oleg Remizov:

Generally speaking, yes, the ratio of good ideas to the total number tested is not even 1 in 1000...

It's not.

The ratio is the classic 20-80. That is, one in five shows something interesting NOW.

Oleg Remizov:

And in reality, when strategies are tested, they most often either just drain or have periods of earning alternating with periods of draining, where the latter win out.

Exactly.

My League of Trading Systems is in its third year of operation, and there are ALWAYS those that are making money NOW among the 700 TS. And there is not ONE TS that has been making money all that time.

Georgiy Merts:

Exactly.

My League of Trading Systems is in its third year of operation, and there are ALWAYS 700 TS that are making money NOW. And there is not ONE trading system that has been making money all this time.

How do you determine which TS will be profitable tomorrow?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Degenerate at all?

late shift after the factory )

Georgiy Merts:

Exactly.

My League of Trading Systems is in its third year of operation, and there are ALWAYS 700 TS that are making money NOW. And it doesn't have ONE TS that has been making money all that time.

Well, they don't make any money in total.
and advisors must make money!

igrok333:

Well, they don't make any money in total.
and advisers are supposed to make money!

Advisors is a term derived from the word " advice".

it means to give advice when trading.

if an advisor gives advice, who has to earn? )))))

igrok333:
Some programmers have written about 1000 Expert Advisors and tested them,
, and none of them has ever found a nice one.

They have not gone into trading, and they continue working as freelancers.

Does it mean that there is not even 1 good, highly profitable EA per 1000 EAs?

Having worked a shift in a factory, there's no time to look for gravel - the freelancing ball doesn't leave much time!

Georgiy Merts:

Well I'm like this...

700 experts are in their third year.

None of them are making profits all the time. However, there are a few dozen that are consistently profitable NOW.

I don't need free-lance - I don't want to sell to sheep, and I don't want to fulfill the desires of crazy clients.

You're not a programmer, for one thing. Secondly, you are a fantasist who has been carrying around his childish idea for three years.
Show people your pamm, let them laugh

Nikolai Semko:
Definitely not among those who have written 1,000 Expert Advisors.
But there are among those who have written no more than a hundred.
For Chingachgook does not step twice on the same mop.

That's right, you won't find a programmer who found "it" in freelancing anymore)

VVT:

That's right, you don't meet a programmer who finds "it" in freelancing anymore)

I confirm it.

I also knew a programmer who suddenly shouted (although no one asked him to): "I found it!!! And all of you are pygmies!!! I suffered for 10 years, now it's your turn!!!" I never saw him on the forum again, although we had corresponded very actively in private before that.

Reason: