Methods of identifying a flat and a trend. - page 17

bar Vladimir:
Watching this thread, I've come to the conclusion that there's a lot of chatter going on, no one has offered anything in particular!

I'll put in my five cents.

Here is a concrete proposal:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Forex is a scam

transcendreamer, 2020.02.27 16:46

there is no money to be made from trading, it's better to go to a factory...

Talking about "trend and flat" always immediately conjures up in my sick imagination the final phrase from "wings, feet and tails".
Stretch the chart and a visible trend is no longer a trend and a flat is no longer a flat.
In any trend you can see several trends (up to and including opposite trends) and several flutes. Just as a flat is full of small toenads.
I don't think anyone would argue that the price is always in a channel, and the channel determines the direction in which orders should or should not be opened, so maybe we should focus on that.

bar Vladimir:
Watching this thread, I've come to the conclusion that there's a lot of chatter going on, with no one offering anything in particular!

you suggest.

multiplicator:

you suggest it.

I've already suggested it, read the whole thread.

bar Vladimir:
Watching this thread and came to the conclusion that there is just plain chatter going on here, no one specifically offered ANYTHING!

Suggestion) The market is not divided into trend and flat. The market is divided into renewable action and non-reversible action, which leads to different analysis and different application of strategies.

For example. Someone trades a bouncing bollinger. Recently this indicator has been tested on one forum on all available instruments. The result is 50/50 profitable/losing trades. Who would doubt it.

The same will be true for any other indicator. Because no one knows how to detect the market itself. It can be seen by eye, but no one can program it. But there are those who trade on the plus side with Bollinger.

To understand what we are talking about, then analyze any strategy. Find the good places and the bad ones. And you'll see that the market is different. How? Let's go back to where I started. - Renewable movement and no return. Even more precisely, the ratio of AB to BC. Even more precisely, whether the elements of the chart can be outlined as compactly as possible by a simple figure. If it is not possible to see a compact accumulation at this point, then trade with any oscillator (+ or channel). If elements are visible, then on levels (on the type of TS Sniper). If everything is tilted and not renewable, then two wands (or supertrend / trendmagic / halftrend / nrtr).

The point is that trading can only be learned through practice. That's why my words above are like peas against a wall. No pictures, half will get it wrong)

Vitaliy Kuznetsov:

Suggestion) The market is not divided into trend and flat. The market is divided into renewable action and non-reversible action, which leads to different analysis and different application of strategies.

For example. Someone trades a bouncing bollinger. Recently this indicator has been tested on one forum on all available instruments. The result is 50/50 profitable/losing trades. Who would doubt it.

The same will be true for any other indicator. Because no one knows how to detect the market itself. It can be seen by eye, but no one can program it. But there are those who trade on the plus side with Bollinger.

To understand what we are talking about, then analyze any strategy. Find the good places and the bad ones. And you'll see that the market is different. How? Let's go back to where I started. - Renewable movement and no return. Even more precisely, the ratio of AB to BC. Even more precisely, whether the elements of the chart can be outlined as compactly as possible with a simple figure. If it is not possible to see a compact accumulation at this point, then trade with any oscillator (+ or channel). If elements are visible, then on levels (on the type of TS Sniper). If everything is tilted and not renewable, then two wands (or supertrend / trendmagic / halftrend / nrtr).

The point is that trading can only be learned through practice. That's why my words above are like peas against a wall. There are no pictures, half of them will get it wrong).

I agree that everyone has a system that only he understands. The result is your own wallet.

Reason: