The market and the problems of choosing advisers - page 2

Evgeniy Zhdan:

At the moment, if a brokerage company does not have MT4 or MT5, it is the MT4 or MT5 that is in demand, not the other way round. In fact, I would say that MT4 is more in demand, because there is a huge selection of EAs/indicators on the internet for free.

Your statement about the "new comprehensive platform" is laughable. Is metatrader by any chance a new platform?

Your message makes you look like a very ignorant person.

If the situation is like that at the moment, it doesn't mean that it won't change in the future. Claims against the Metakvots are increasing every day, but it is as if they do not care about anything, they are blinded, they do not see the obvious. How many examples of giants that have been forced out of the market, but no. The new giants do not learn anything, they are in the clouds, believing in the immortality of monopolists.

Artyom Trishkin:
I see. You don't know what an EA, an indicator or a script means, that they work according to their program and must execute the algorithm without error. But you have managed to call all the programs not working. And in the process, you threw it on the fan. It is you who don't know how to use applied tools. I guess you believe in Father Christmas...
Okay. The user doesn't really care how it works inside, the purpose of an EA is to make profit from the market. 99 out of 100 cannot do that and only make losses. This is what is perceived by users as unworkable, not any other parameters.

I'm all for it, I suggested it three years ago.

Ah yes, all of my suggestions are tossed aside as self-promotion.

Don't spoil the market.

After the tester grail has been drained - people start thinking and choose only EAs with real signals.

Konstantin Zharitov:
OK. The user doesn't really care how it works and how it is set up inside. The purpose of an EA is to make a profit from the market. 99 out of 100 cannot do that and only bring losses. This is what is perceived by users as dysfunctional, not some other parameters.

The purpose of an EA is to follow its algorithm. No Expert Advisor will trade in profits all the time. One EA needs some market conditions to work with one, while another needs different ones. You do not know this. It's not for nothing that I said - you believe in Father Christmas, who will give you a sack of money with a wave of a magic staff. Forget it. Use your brain and use the software for its intended purpose. There's no such thing as miracles. There is no good Santa Claus.

Can you hammer nails with a microscope? Yes, you can. But you won't hammer enough nails and you'll break the microscope. And why do you think there is a magic advisor somewhere out there who will bring you bags of money under any circumstances, and you'll be on the cooker playing the balalaika? Like children, I swear...

Are these all your complaints about MetaQuotes? But let me - they've given you a marketplace. They don't make these EAs themselves. Look for what you need, use your brain, not rose-tinted glasses, and get to work.

Artyom Trishkin:

The purpose of an EA is to follow its algorithm. No Expert Advisor will trade in profits all the time. One EA needs some market conditions to work with one, while another needs different ones. You do not know this. It's not for nothing that I said - you believe in Father Christmas, who will give you a sack of money with a wave of a magic staff. Forget it. Use your brain and use the software for its intended purpose. There is no such thing as a miracle. There is no good Santa Claus.

Can you hammer nails with a microscope? Yes, you can. But you won't hammer enough nails and you'll break the microscope. And why do you think there is a magic advisor somewhere out there who will bring you home bags of money under any circumstances, and you'll be on the cooker playing the balalaika? Like children, really...

That's all your complaints about MetaQuotes? But let me - they gave you a platform to sell them. They do not make these EAs themselves. Look for what you need, use your brain, not rose-tinted glasses, and get to work.

Artem, the real reason why I'm criticizing the Market is that all Expert Advisors are following their "unique author's algorithm" which isn't covered anywhere else :-)

The EA is incapable, by definition, of not following the algorithm laid down by the programmer. But what is laid down is, for the buyer, YOLO.

Artyom, missed the comma again (

Ihor Herasko:

The very first stone: there are no EAs in the Market that show uninterrupted profitable performance over any sane historical period (a year or more). The result will be an anti-advertising of EAs.

An eloquent and truthful characterisation. The authors realise this, but it goes on. The next bold move would be to say it's all a hoax. Isn't it?

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Artem, the real complaint about the market is that all EAs are following a "unique author's algorithm" which is not covered anywhere else :-)

The Expert Advisor is incapable, by definition, not to follow the algorithm, laid down by the programmer. But what is laid down is for the buyer of YOLO.

So it's not "all the Expert Advisors are leakers", it's unscrupulous traders. The claim should be made to them, not to MetaQuotes. I'll let myself quote the statement:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Market and Expert Advisor Selection Problems

Konstantin Zharitov, 2020.01.06 14:42

Robomarket has already become such a dump where 99% of products are non-working that only a miracle can save it.

And most likely nothing will save it, just like Metakvots itself and the Metatrader platform.

In 10 years, we will remember and laugh that we once had to trade on it.

There is some sort of attack on MetaQuotes in general and the market is just a pretext for throwing stuff on the fan.

Maxim Kuznetsov:

The EA is incapable, by definition, of not following the programmer's algorithm.

If the programmer wrote the code, but not the seller of "author's profitable trading system" embodied in a chart, in this case, only the tester's chart will be sold

And there is a certain regularity, the more professional looking author's source codes in open access on the forum, the lower the price than from authors with more products or more friends in the profile, but with a complete absence of any code in free access ;)

ZZY: quite well googled by the authors of very profitable and very expensive EA by mail or nickname or surname, luckily Runet is not as big as it seems ;)

ZZZY: There is also a pattern, the most profitable and expensive EAs authors, for some unknown reason, don't want to do the same EA for MT5, EA only for MT4 ;)

Алексей Тарабанов:
Artem, missed the comma again (

There - behind and on the flanks shoulder to shoulder are many - a whole army.

Reason: