Forced array clearing in MT5? - page 6

fxsaber:

I'll tell you a secret: I can't write indicators for MT4/5. Feel free to skip this section of MQL5. It is of no use, only a loss in every sense.

+

fxsaber:

I'll tell you a secret: I can't write indicators for MT4/5. Feel free to skip this section of MQL5. I have no use for it, only losses in all senses.

If you are an expert in the field and you know how to do it, you may start from scratch, or you may need to do something else, just look at the indicators and see how they work.

ZFS: In practice it makes sense to use ready-made data processing works in MQL5 - there is a lot of ready-made material for Matlab concerning data analysis, and there are also a lot of ready-made examples of data processing in Python - it is not realistic for one person to do all this from scratch, but it is realistic to learn to use ready-made solutions

Igor Makanu:

SZY: In practice, the only thing that makes sense for trading is the use of ready-made data processing works in MQL5 - a lot of ready-made material for Matlab in terms of data analysis, and there are plenty of ready-made examples of data processing in Python - one person cannot do all this from scratch, but it is realistic to learn to use ready-made solutions.

Indicators, fortunately, have nothing to do with it.

In defence of indicators, they are a great help at the early prototyping stage of a strategy. It can be difficult to fine-tune the algorithm and understand what kind of numbers a strategy sees at a particular point in time. Indicators visualise the flow of relevant data and help to understand what is going on.

We are moving away from the topic of the topic anyway:

Indicators are actually a very useful thing - in fact, they are 80% of the strategy. The logic of decision-making is based on the indicators. Expert Advisors by and large only take signals, count lots and place orders. And the signals are given by the indicators.

What the terminal lacks, by and large, is a button "show involved indicators" to make a trader confident and happy :-) Clicked, looked, checked the result...

Vasiliy Sokolov:
In protection of indicators, I can say that they are very useful at the stage of early strategy prototyping. It can be hard to debug an algorithm and understand what figures a strategy sees at a particular moment in time. Indicators visualize the necessary data flow and help to understand what is happening.

So what's the Tester Visualiser for? I've always debugged there successfully. Now there is also a custom visualizer, where, hopefully, you can go back in time.

You, on the other hand, are proposing to make sense of some new entity instead of making a rasprint or Comment appropriate. There is a pause mode in the visualizer + F12 and scroll to the right moment with the accuracy to the second (asked to increase the accuracy - custom would need to do).

How easy it is to rewrite my project on MT5! Honestly - I was surprised. Everything goes like clockwork. One main error - array overruns - is almost never found, while the rest of the code requires almost no modifications, only cosmetic changes. Everything becomes faster and better. If everybody programmed like me, no one would have difficulties with the transition. ;)

Реter Konow:
If everyone programmed like me, ... ;)

Can I do better than you?

It remains to rewrite the second part of the constructor, then the engine and that's it. Of course, I was wrong in imagining that I would move to MT5 in a week, but a month of hard work is enough.

Alexey Viktorov:

Can I do better than you?

Try it :)
Reason: