I want to learn the programming language for the MT5 terminal. Where do I start as a beginner ? - page 3

multiplicator:
Anyway, if you can't do it, write to Muzichenka in person.

♪ tell him to explain to you what he wrote ♪

He can explain to you what classes are and how to write them.

If he wants to, he'll pull it off. There are plenty of examples on the resource.

Aleksey Ivanov:

(1) Here is the most correct way. Let's say you have an idea for some turkey. You formalize its algorithm. Then you take a general template for an indicator and, using the help, from the simplest to the most complex - with a visual review of everything obtained at each stage, you implement this algorithm. At the same time, you learn everything you need at these very stages (a specific solution to the problem). This is a fun and interesting way, when you study the material without straining.

But simply reading textbooks is dull and incomprehensible - it is a terrible bore and ineffective.

It is impossible to formalize an algorithm adequately without:
1) knowledge of basic platform tools
2) good knowledge of the logic.
So you cannot do it without learning the language.

You will have to read one textbook anyway to start on the way of becoming a programmer.)
Of course, you don't have to read them after that.

Just super, thanks, there it is, that's the message I couldn't find!

This is just an example of someone going towards a goal by changing their mind and someone else stomping around for years looking for reasons.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Simple Expert Advisor. Checking bar size. BUY/SELL

Vitaly Muzichenko, 2017.01.04 05:47

And here really show as broadly as possible how to write an EA without using third-party files in the form of standard library, and other stuff.

Show everything with standard functions with full description and output of all trading errors.

Alexey Viktorov:

Then how do you learn C# or C++ that you have to learn first?

There are adequate textbooks on C++ and C#.
There are no such books on MQL5. And there are ones for MQL4. And even now these languages are not very different.
The Reference is only for programmers who know other languages. I have smoked it for a couple of days and understood how to do things.
But it is of no use to those who have no knowledge of programming.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Yuri, well, everyone starts somewhere.

I started with .php, then I studied .js because without it, writing something normal is simply not realistic. When .js was supplemented with jquery library, it was a joy, but you had to learn it. Many people wrote then that it was nonsense and you should only use pure .js, later everyone moved to using jquery, because libraries are cool.

When I touched forex, I studied .mql because I needed to, even though it was hard, it's not the same as php and js.

So all that matters is the desire.

I, on the other hand, "know" English, read more or less. But I can't say or write anything at all).
This venture will end up the same way. Only with a real programming language it's useless knowledge.
And in the real PL - there is nothing special to know - the basics for a month, even by pupils of 7-8 class.

Alexey Viktorov:

Igor, what does Kovalev's outdated textbook have to do with the mql5 language?

Direct. There are the basics in a clear and understandable presentation without any water.

Thanks very useful info for me )

multiplicator:
skip the advice on learning mt5. you won't get the hang of it yourself.
You want a broom? For subversion.

multiplicator:
You cannot master mql5 from scratch.

you cannot master mql5 from scratch. you have to study mql4 through youtube video tutorials.

What the hell was that all about? I don't know 4 at all.

I started with 5. I have a strong desire to learn mql5.
Reason: