What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 10

khorosh:
Let both platforms coexist peacefully, satisfying the needs of different user groups. No need to kill the grandfather to make room in the flat for new generations).

You mean, don't change anything? The problem is that everyone wants to make money. And in stability and immutability, money does not add up. If you don't develop, the initiative will go to others. So it is a question of survival.

Either develop correctly and in harmony, or lose... imho.

Реter Konow:

I see. So we need to increase the amount of software on MT5, according to you. Accepted.

There is another solution, the software on MT4 is better than the software on MT5, it's silly to deny it, it turns out yes, either you provide an opportunity to use the MT4 software on MT5 (and roughly speaking, this will not help anything, because the platform itself cannot hook people in anything), you should force programmers to produce a better product exclusively for MT5, bypassing MT4, thus you are simply forcing people to use MT5.

At the moment, everything which is on MT5 is on MT4, but 90% of what is on MT4 is not on MT5. So your old platform even now has more exclusives than the new one, its ridiculous, developers even in 2019 are bypassing MT5 by releasing new EAs and indicators for MT4 ignoring MT5.
Convince developers to do exclusives for MT5, not just release copies of their products for MT5, and exactly ignore MT4.

Stopping support for MT4, and the like won't help anything, even now people are using Windows XP, no I'm serious, there are such people, just make sure the apps they wanted to use were exclusive on windows 10. MT4 and MT5 in your case

hadeff:
There is another solution, software on MT4 is better than software for MT5, it's silly to deny that, it turns out yes, either you provide an opportunity to use MT4 software on MT5 (and roughly speaking, that won't help anything, since the platform itself cannot hook people in anything), you have to force programmers to produce a better product exclusively for MT5, bypassing MT4, thus you simply force people to use MT5.

At the moment, everything which is on MT5 is on MT4, but 90% of what is on MT4 is not on MT5. So your old platform even now has more exclusives than the new one, its ridiculous, developers even in 2019 are bypassing MT5 by releasing new EAs and indicators for MT4 ignoring MT5.
Convince developers to do exclusives for MT5, not just release copies of their products for MT5, and exactly ignore MT4.

I emphasise, I'm not a representative.

Basically: if you follow your logic, you need to make exclusive and quality products for MT5 bypassing MT4 to make up for the difference in software volume and platform appeal? In that case, I have something to offer. I agree with this view.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Raise prices for MT4 licence sales so that the total cost of a licence is 30% more expensive than MT5.

No MT4, no problem.

For "now" nothing will convince the MT4 sitters to switch to MT5, people don't really realise all the benefits, and some are so "hammered" they don't even want to know about it.

I used to say that MT4 is enough for me and it has everything, but when I compared it with MT5 it turned out that MT4 contains what I didn't need and the only thing I needed was MT5.

You are

And you
Sergey Matveev:
I think mt5 should be shut down in general

Now there are two great terminals at once, and for free too, but it's boring without the chorus.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

What does it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions)

Igor Makanu, 2019.02.03 19:15

language is 99% the same

platforms are different

.... this thread again gathered those who can't write for MT5, but they all praise mt4, not pointing fingers, but some MT5 experts write code in MT4 style, constantly changing time series indexing direction, connect libraries from@fxsaber to write code like for mt4, use hedge accounts.... and still smartly write that MT4 totally sucks.... "What follows is an untranslatable play on words using local idiomatic expressions" (C)

The same impression.

Реter Konow:

You mean, don't change anything? The problem is that everyone wants to make money. And in stability and immutability, money does not add up. If you don't develop, the initiative will go to others. So it is a question of survival.

Either develop correctly and in harmony, or lose... imho.

I'm not sure that you can make more money using MT5 than you can using MT4.

khorosh:

I'm not sure that you can make more money using MT5 than you can using MT4.

but you can test more ideas in a month (on four). because it is faster to write on it.

Сергей Матвеев:

But you can test more ideas in a month (on 4). because it is faster to write on it.

It is absolutely true, for a trader (not a professional programmer) MT4 is more suitable for finding a profitable strategy.

khorosh:

Quite right, for a trader (not a professional programmer) MT4 is more suitable for finding a profitable strategy.

Excel is more suitable)).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Excel is more appropriate.)

What's wrong with paper and pencil? ))

Sergey Basov:

And what do paper and pencil not like? ))

Sometimes that's required too). But in general, there's no substitute for a head.)

As for strategies, modelling in Excel is easier and quicker than in MT. There are other modelling software, it's even more convenient, and MT is just not designed for modelling. But if you want to, you may).

MT is a terminal, and let it remain a terminal.

Reason: