Is the advisor ordered on a turnkey basis or in parts? - page 4

Vladimir Baskakov:
There is a good way to test . Make it in any constructor on mt4, test it, and then order it in mt5. And it's easier for the developer, just rewrite it and that's it, no need to guess.

If you can do it in a constructor, why do you need a developer?
constructors cannot do a very large layer of tasks.

Nikolay Khrushchev:

if it can be done in a constructor, why does he need a developer? you also need to spend time mastering the constructor.
constructors cannot do a very large layer of tasks.

There are no constructors on mt5. You can't implement everything, yes, but the underlying idea can be implemented, and the tricky stuff can be added in the description

cherymen:

I cannot agree that there is no idea of the work algorithm.It is there and I believe it is detailed in the ToR.

That is your problem. I had 165V in my house, but OblEnergo considered that to be normal too.

Nikolay Khrushchev:

Is it compulsory to go through validation at all even if the product is not going to market? Of course it is. Validation checks if the Expert Advisor is ready for real use, detects any defects, and checks if there are enough checks before sending the trade order, isn't that what it was designed for? If an EA does not meet these criteria, it should not be provided to the customer as a finished job.

You are talking outright nonsense.

Do not mislead customers and the uninformed who read your posts.

Your sentence: "Validation checks if the Expert Advisor is ready for real use" - NO, it DOES NOT.

What validation checks is described herehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/2555 with examples of all codes for both terminals -- it mainly checks for borderline settings of lot, take, stop -- these are mainly problems of settings and not problems of real trading (it's a stretch to talk about trailing stops and autocalculated stop/stop/lot levels).

The problems of real trading are different - it's stability on reboots, understanding of your positions, working of signals, trade orders at requotes and the like - validation doesn't do such checks.

p.s. When putting an EA into circulation on the marketplace -- the fullest set of checks is required -- but when developing, not all of the checks are critical and not all of them make sense at the initial stage, making the cost of development very expensive.

Nikolay Khrushchev:

You wrote yourself, passing validation is a criterion for having minimal programming experience. That's what I'm talking about. If a freelancer can't make an EA pass validation, can you say that he is not an experienced developer?

Is it necessary to pass the validation at all, even if the product is not going to the market? Of course it is. Validation checks if the Expert Advisor is ready for real use, it reveals defects and sufficient checks before sending a trade order, isn't it? That's what it was designed for. If an EA does not meet these criteria, it should not be provided to the customer as a finished job.
No. It's not. All of these checks are mandatory. And that's not experience. It's following simple logic. But a tester EA easily passes validation. But it cannot be placed on the real account. If we store the information in variables, the Expert Advisor will fly in the tester, and it will pass the validation quickly. But can it be considered as professionally developed? No. All of the data should be obtained from the environment. If there are no logical checks and checks of returning results from functions, it can be considered as professionally developed? No. But it will pass the validation. Validation is not to evaluate developer's experience.
One thing is clear - you definitely cannot be trusted to execute orders.

Vladimir Baskakov:
There are no constructors on the mt5.

Check.

Andrey Barinov:

Check.

Wizard?

Vladimir Baskakov:
Wizard?

no

Andrey Barinov:

no

Then I'm not aware of it.

Artyom Trishkin:
You need minimum programming experience to pass validation
Artyom Trishkin:
No. It's not. All these checks are mandatory. And this is not an experience.

so minimal experience or no experience?

Artyom Trishkin:
And it's not experience. It's following simple logic.

Then why don't most performers follow this logic?

Artyom Trishkin:
If you store information in variables, then the EA will fly in the tester, and it will pass validation quickly. But can it be considered as professionally developed? No. All of the data should be obtained from the environment. If there are no logical checks and checks of returning results from functions, it can be considered as professionally developed? No. But it will pass the validation.

You are writing obvious truths for a normal developer. What's more, it's even described in a textbook, if I haven't forgotten. But most, as it turns out, cannot even follow simple logic.
By the way, not everything in the trading environment can be obtained by an EA at all. Particularly for MT4 EA is not able to get whether trading is allowed to buy or sell. It only receives error 4110 or 4111.

Artyom Trishkin:
One thing is clear - you definitely cannot be trusted to execute orders.

You have drawn such a conclusion from my correspondence here?
You could have opened my profile and seen my code. Are you sure you are a moderator? )))

Reason: