New Market - how do we sell new EAs now? - page 16

Vasiliy Kolesov:

On a long stretch, not from any stretch. In the short-run it is, in the long-run it is not. If on the "every tick" quotes the Expert Advisor shows a stable positive yield curve over the distance of at least 7-8 years, then it will most likely continue working in this way with these settings.

And in general, the notion of "tester's grail" In my opinion, the "tester grail" is a kind of Expert Advisors that show profit ONLY in the tester using imperfections of ticks modeling. For example all sorts of breakouts with short trawl. Because of real market conditions (slippage, delays) they cannot show the same result as in the tester. Whether on previous quotes, or on future ones, or on present ones.

Well here is one reasonable definition of the tester grail.

Except for the fact that another "tester grail" will show a beautiful yield curve on "every tick" quotes for any period of history, for which the quotes can be found. And such an EA must be tested only with the help of additional software. And then the beautiful curve will be directed in a completely different direction.

The rest is correct.

Vladimir Baskakov:
There are a lot of test modes and timeframes in the mt5 tester. How you can build a Grail test is unclear to me, unrealistic. Most likely, this term is used by less successful traders.
In MT5, at most 10% of traders work. I am of course talking about MT4. I don't use MT5. Probably things are much better there in this respect.

Boris Gulikov:
Only 10% of traders work in MT5. We are of course talking about MT4. I don't use MT5. Things are probably much better there in that respect.
Well you have to keep up with the progress

Vladimir Baskakov:
There are a lot of test modes and timeframes in the mt5 tester. How you can build a Grail test is unclear to me, unrealistic. Most likely, this term is used by less successful traders.
I see that some successful traders prefer to trade on a demo at a broker, where no self-respecting trader (whether very successful or not) trades at all.

Vladimir Baskakov:
Well, you've got to keep up with the progress.

Who am I going to sell EAs to? Ten cripples? When the bulk move to MT5. And I will. It's a big deal.

Boris Gulikov:
Who am I going to sell EAs to? Ten cripples?
What makes you think 10%?

Vladimir Baskakov:
What makes you think 10%?

It's just a guess. You could have written 5% or 15%. The fact is, there are far fewer. You can calculate it very easily if you want to. Count subscribers to MT4 and MT5 signals. Simple and reliable.

Boris Gulikov:

That's just a guess. I could have written 5% or 15%. The fact is that there are far fewer. You can calculate very simply if you want to. Count subscribers to MT4 and MT5 signals. Simple and reliable.

All of South East Asia is sitting on 5. 4 is already going away . Try to test a multi on it, it won't work

Boris Gulikov:

Well here is one reasonable definition of the tester grail here.

Except that another "tester grail" will show and on "every tick" quotes a perfect yield curve for any period of history for which quotes can be found. And such an EA must be tested only with the help of additional software. And then the beautiful curve will be directed in quite a different direction.

The rest is correct.

The first part referred to "any" EA, the "tester grail" is an exception to the rule)

Vladimir Baskakov:
All of South East Asia is sitting on 5. 4 is going away. Try to test a cartoon on it, it won't work.

South East Asia can sit on whatever it wants. There are enough platforms for trading. The main thing is that there are many times more traders on this site who trade on the fours than on the fives. About the multi, that's true.

But so far I haven't really developed a multi-strategy.

4 has been going away for the last 6 years probably. But it's still in the lead for now.

When the situation changes, I will. All in good time.

Reason: