Clearing an array of defined element(s) - page 22

Nikolai Semko:

By and large, my solution is certainly not ideal. Neither in terms of speed, nor in terms of brevity. However, I didn't give it much thought. I wrote it and went to do other things.

Of course, that's no excuse. But, my practice has imprinted itself on all the solutions I find. I can't spend much time poring over each line thinking about speed and compiler because I'm digging through mountains of code.

I simply wouldn't have the life with the fxsaber programming approach to write what I've written. It is impossible.

So, I'm justified only by my achievements. But from the professional point of view I'm self-taught and a nerd. Well, that's fine...

Реter Konow:

I simply would not have had the life with the fxsaber programming approach to write what I have written. It's impossible.

If you adopted fxsabera's skills, you would write your code much faster and of higher quality. I say this as an outsider who has seen both styles.
I'm telling you, you program in spite of, not because of ))

Nikolai Semko:

If you adopted fxsabera's skills, you would write your code much faster and of higher quality. I say this as an outsider who has seen both styles.
I'm telling you, you program in spite of, not because of ))

You don't understand me here, Nikolai. You don't know what you're talking about.

Whatever the benefits of a professional approach, doing what I did on my own would never have allowed it. Believe me.

Реter Konow:

You don't understand me here, Nikolai. You don't know what you're talking about.

Whatever the advantages of a professional approach, to do what I did on my own, he would never have allowed it. Believe me.
I won't.

Nikolai Semko:
I won't.

Start the same project. You'll find out.)

Реter Konow:

Start the same project. You'll find out.)

Something tells me that Nikolai will complete it four or five times faster than yours, still two years off.

I'm just visiting the English forum and it's a shame we don't have such threads. This simple problem seems to have been solved in every possible way, do you think people are starting a new challenge?

Реter Konow:

The checksum is not calculated correctly.

Check it yourself. It counts the elements that remain in the deleted part of the array.

Of course, this is not yet proof that the check is wrong, but there is already some doubt.

The checksum is calculated from the elements of that row:

And the last 6 elements were previously deletedby ArrayResize.

But the function still counts them anyway.

Peter, you don't go to an array by reference. An array is always by address and always the whole array.

Guys, sorry, but it's already 4 pages long... (

nicholi shen:
I'm just visiting the English forum and it's a shame we don't have such threads. This simple problem seems to have been solved in every possible way, do you think people are starting a new problem?

No, it's just a pushback.

Artyom Trishkin:

Something tells me Nikolai will complete it four or five times faster than yours, still two years away from completion.

It seems to me that Nikolai will simply complete it, there's nothing to compare it with :-) Peter's completion time is infinite...
Reason: