Suggestions for MQL syntax - page 9

fxsaber:

It's not about freedom of speech, it's about practical tasks embodied in public code.

Just because something seems useless or incomprehensible doesn't mean it's actually useless or incomprehensible.

What should we look at in KB about language limitations or proper programming level?

On the subject of proper programming level, look in design books.

on language limitations, look at commonly used language constructs and patterns and compare them with mql and look at bug reports.

I don't understand how and why to publish something on this topic in kodobase and have no idea.

TheXpert:

I don't understand how and why to publish anything on this topic in kodobase, and I have no idea.

The Market is better)) And the price is purely symbolic - 10 dollars.
"The product comes with a tutorial video course on how to make crutches and write bug reports, which you will learn about all the bugs, inconveniences and pitfalls of MQL. The product comes with a tutorial video course".

Alexey Navoykov:
А зачем мне поднимать здесь эти темы? Это прежде всего сайт, посвящённый языку программирования.

I take this site as information on MT4/5 and MQL5 in particular.

I.e. I view it from the purely technical side.

Tester, ticks, custom symbols, execution issues, etc. - There are plenty of algotrading technical topics directly related to MT5 apart from the language. You seem to be happy with all of this functionality.

Shoveled a carload of feces, including bug reports on the language as well. Fixed it.

Alexey Navoykov:
Strange, what has changed? Usually it is the other way around.

We fixed some bugs, expanded templates features, copied complex structures and something else, I guess. I can't recall at once.

TheXpert:

Just because you think something is useless or incomprehensible doesn't mean it's actually useless or incomprehensible.

That's what I mean.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

What I would like to see in MQL syntax

Alexey Navoykov, 2018.10.02 17:53

I don't know if the developers are going to work on MQL at all, but MQL syntax has lacked many features and some of them are critical.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Bugs, bugs, questions

Alexey Navoykov, 2018.09.22 18:39

I personally do not see any progress in MT for the last few years, neither in terms of language, nor in terms of platform functionality. And all these custom symbols (especially working through a penny) are of little interest to me, because I synthesize and calculate everything myself, and optimize through mathematical calculations. Besides, it existed before in MT4, as custom fxt-files. So, nothing new here too.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Bugs, bugs, questions

fxsaber, 2018.09.22 22:03

Why do you need MT5 then! If you do it all yourself, Order-API and History-API are more than enough. And MT4-fxt is still without asks.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Bugs, bugs, questions

Alexey Navoykov, 2018.09.23 00:43

Actually only for the sake of cloud optimization... Well, and partly for Market. But now I understand, that it was too high price to pay for it (in the sense of wasted nerves and time). There are some alternative variants of cloud computing, I just can't get it together...

This is such a gloomy presentation that we have the impression that we are talking about different MT5s.

on the subject of proper programming to look at the design books.

as for the language limitations, check the commonly used language constructions and patterns and compare them with the ones in mql.

I don't understand how and why to publish something on this topic in kodobase, and I have no idea.

However, I'm posting.

fxsaber:

Tester, ticks, custom symbols, execution issues, etc. - There are plenty of algotrading technical topics directly related to MT5, apart from the language. You seem to be fine with all of this functionality.

Why do you think so? When I closed the Desk-Service I had more than 100 open requests with bugs and suggestions on different spheres. I have also posted about problems or offered ideas on the forum many times, but everything was rejected and sometimes even resulted in a ban.The last time was banned for finding a bug. And only then have guessed to check and make sure that the bug really has a place. Therefore, the forum - is generally a waste of time and nerves. But you do not know it! As long as I remember, you there every day, every other name is crossed out. Ie they do not care about you and your opinion. But you seem to like it ) As much as you may be dipped, and MT for you is only becoming more beautiful and beautiful than ever.)

For example, I repeatedly reported the problem of character limit (1000) in the market review. But all to no avail. The best answer I get is "why so many? You don't need so many".

I have to make and synchronize a bunch of several MTs to bypass this trifle. I'm talking about direct trading, not dabbling with custom symbols. And you are singing the praises of how wonderful and perfect everything is.

Alexey Navoykov:

you are singing the praises of how wonderful and perfect everything is.

I don't subscribe to the 'nothing is being done' point of view. It's closer to reality than dithyrambs.

ZS Let's compare.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Mistakes, bugs, questions

fxsaber, 2018.09.23 08:15

Could you please give some figures as speed figures of your Tester in mat mode?

My simple variant has been posted.

Alexey Navoykov:

I have repeatedly reported the problem of limiting the number of characters (1,000) in the market review. But to no avail. The best response I get is "why so many? We don't need that many".

In such cases, a good justification for such a necessity comes into play. The same applies to language. But it is a bit harder to justify there.

fxsaber:

SZU Let's compare notes.

I've posted a simple version of my own.

Well, what is there to compare and measure, I have different tasks, you have different ones. That is why it makes no sense to talk about some abstract measurements. I did not make a clone of MT tester, although it has equity calculations, but they are included in other calculations. In fact, I have no desire to waste time on such measurements for the sake of measurements. Performance is fine with me, no questions here.

In such cases, a good justification for such a necessity should be given. The same is true for the language. But it is a little bit harder to justify there.

But in my opinion, another rule has been in effect here for a long time: justify it or not, you'll get it anyway... )

Only what "the public swallows" gets implemented. Individual "desires" are ignored. Actually, I have no illusions about this thread, either.

The update release schedule is strange: only in November in autumn, and almost every day in spring...

Still sitting on build 1795 and waiting for tester to be fixed so that optimisation doesn't start from scratch.

fxsaber:

If I understand correctly the concept of modern programming is the use of third-party libraries. I.e. you have to know a lot of libraries and if not know, then at least imagine the possibility of existence of libraries for your tasks. Code writing begins with google, roughly speaking.

Yes. Exactly! The main thing is that the programmer now doesn't have to think at all.

Reason: