Windows 8 and MT4 ?

Hello guys,

I just installed windows 8 on one of my laptop, and mt4 doesn't works !!!

It opens, i get connection and datas update, but it works 10 seconds, and it closes immediately. I tried the trick of compatibility mode, but nothing.

Besides that, windows 8 is a good system, for those who have not lot of memory, currently with my browser open, it consumes 650 Mo, and on the hard drive it takes 12 Go. Very fast, etc.

It's a good one, but the Metro interface is total bullshit.

So am i the only with problems with MT4 ??

And i will have a disconnection from the internet during 10 days, so CYA all

Even though I still use XP (after all these years it is only now that it is stable) if you wait for either MS or metaquotes to solve the problem you are maybe looking into a long wait. One solution (if it is aplicable) would be to use virtual machine and use metatrader from it. VirtualBox (from here : https://www.virtualbox.org/ ) is a free one and works perfectly regarding metatrader so, if no other solution, try using that

Big Joe:
Hello guys,

I just installed windows 8 on one of my laptop, and mt4 doesn't works !!!

It opens, i get connection and datas update, but it works 10 seconds, and it closes immediately. I tried the trick of compatibility mode, but nothing.

Besides that, windows 8 is a good system, for those who have not lot of memory, currently with my browser open, it consumes 650 Mo, and on the hard drive it takes 12 Go. Very fast, etc.

It's a good one, but the Metro interface is total bullshit.

So am i the only with problems with MT4 ??

And i will have a disconnection from the internet during 10 days, so CYA all

I have tested Windows 8 beta back in April this year. Metatrader 4 is working. And i have installed 2 non-MT4 platform as well, no problem. For the current windows 8 preview i haven't tested it. I don't like the metro UI and the normal desktop doesn't have the start button.

Thanks guys,

I will stay on my windows 7, it works right for me, and enough stable.

I just wanted to try this new win win

For the start button, you can use classic shell : Welcome to Classic Shell

And at the start of the computer, classic shell shows automatically the desktop !

Just stick with 7 or even XP.

I dont see the point in 8 because they didnt add anything that I cannot get in 7.

Hi Guys,

I use Windows 7 on one computer and Windows 8 on other computer. And I have to say that Windows 8 is a bit faster and a bit more convenient when you get used to its new features.

MetaTrader4 worked fine on Window 8 (pre release if this makes a difference).

If you have problems with MT then try launching it "As Administrator" this may help

MT4 usually crash because of old .ex4 experts and indicators.

Try to clear your MT4 experts folder and especially libraries folder.

just backup files and remove them from MT4 experts/ folder

Hey guys,

I just recover my internet access ! Damned !

I find why my mt4 crashes on win 8. It was because i copied the folders directly when i tried the new os, and in it, i had an old user32.dll from win 7. So i remove it, and it works nice.

So now, mt4 works right on windows 8 for me

Big Joe:
Hey guys,

I just recover my internet access ! Damned !

I find why my mt4 crashes on win 8. It was because i copied the folders directly when i tried the new os, and in it, i had an old user32.dll from win 7. So i remove it, and it works nice.

So now, mt4 works right on windows 8 for me

Hey Big Joe,

Do you try the final version? I did a fresh installed of Windows 8 Pro, upgrade from Windows Vista on my old lap. It is better than the Consumers Preview version.

matfx:
Hey Big Joe, Do you try the final version? I did a fresh installed of Windows 8 Pro, upgrade from Windows Vista on my old lap. It is better than the Consumers Preview version.

Thanks Mat I will try it in a couple of days ! Time to buy a new ssd to put win win on it, surely an intel 520

Tablet with Windows 8.1 and MT4 indicators

Hi

I have just bought Acer Iconia W4-821 Tablet comes with Window 8.1. I have installed my custom indicators but when I try to insert the custom indicators are not found in the list.

Please advise how can I do it correctly?

Thanks

Reason: