The right to publicly demonstrate the conclusions of a theoretical forum thread on a live account - page 8

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

And you're pretty stubborn. The terminal receives real ticks, not timeframes. All programs work with these ticks.

And that's why you should send real ticks to the input of the tester. And how you will use them is up to you.

Answer me one question - why do I need ticks?

Tiki will show you the exact entrance and exit point. That's all.

Testing on ticks is time-consuming. That's a fact.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Answer me one question - why do I need ticks?

He probably does not know that there are different EAs. Some work on every tick, while others open and close positions based on bar opening prices.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

Agreeing with you on the whole, I would like to ask:

1. Why can't aconsistent pattern be found? There really is no grail.

2. The search for a magic wand (formula, regularities) leads to a world of illusions. On the contrary, belief in intuition and indicators not related to the market in any way lead to a world of illusions.

3. To interact with a robot is to work with formulas and other rigidly formalized assumptions.

1. A persistent pattern in the market is one of the Grail varieties.

Let us list various Grails, and the philosophical theses that lead to them:

• Thesis:"The market is predictable, it only needs to be understood... ". (Your thesis) - Type of Grail: - Persistent, unobvious and constant pattern in price movements.
  • Thesis: "The market is unpredictable, but mathematics is all-powerful!" Type of Grail: - The great formula for predicting the unpredictable. (Next, comes a forest of mathematical terms).
  • Thesis: "The market is unpredictable, mathematics is powerless, but computational power will save us!" Type of Grail: - Super-Mega-UltraComputer calculating billions of variants in a microsecond.

The list of Grail types could go on and on. The point is that subconsciousness does not want to part with the idea of the Grail, and will always find a new technology, science or theory to save it. The Grail must and will exist in people's imagination and serve as a powerful psychological motivator for them. The influence of the Grail on the psyche, like the influence of Father Christmas, cannot be defeated by arguments or arguments, it can only grow from under it. I will not argue why there is no consistent pattern in the market. It's useless. When you want to part with the idea of the Grail (if you admit it to yourself), you will see for yourself why there isn't one.

3. To interact with a robot means to participate in the trading process together with the robot - it carries out assigned tasks, informs about what is happening, posts statistics, asks for readjustments to increase efficiency, asks for confirmation of actions, watches what is happening in other markets, controls some user actions and many other things... A robot should be an employee, not a boss. Unfortunately, there are almost no such robots nowadays. They are too complicated to implement. If it becomes possible to reduce the complexity of making them, we will see them. Robots right now are wind-up machines. For more than that, they are not yet up to the task. Unfortunately.

If you have sufficient programming and development experience, you will understand what I am talking about.

khorosh:

He probably doesn't know that there are different EAs. Some work on every tick, while others open and close positions at bar open prices.

He also does not quite understand that there is a big difference between the bar opening time and position opening time. I think that most of those who test EAs in the tester do not understand it at all.

khorosh:

He probably doesn't know that there are different EAs. Some work on every tick and others open and close positions according to bar opening prices.

You are right, my EA reacts to every tick and in case of a series of inadequate ticks it immediately makes the right decision, but in general, it does not depend on the flow of ticks at a given time, but is guided by the market conditions at the opening of the next 4-hour bar.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

This is not a fairy tale, but a story I was told in Missouri in '95, the universities in Kansas City and Jefferson City-Lincoln University. Then, we were taken to one of these incubators, shown the jobs of future aspirants to become millionaires, which any self-respecting, established millionaire creates. The only thing is that at the end of the term the applicant has to work for this millionaire for a decent remuneration or develop innovations under his aegis. The applicant, whom we were introduced to, has developed and introduced a toothpick curved in the shape of an onion, the ends of which are connected by a thin, strong thread and with a sharp end. This allows you to brush your teeth in both the traditional and new way - with floss. A fortune has been made on this. Surprisingly, it's a fact.

Perhaps this is what is called a venture capital business? In your description it looks like something quite esoteric. I suppose millionaires do it not only because of self-respect but also because of the tax benefits.

Реter Konow:

1. A persistent pattern in the market is one kind of Grail.

Let us list the varieties of Grails, and the philosophical theses that give rise to them:

• Thesis:"The market is predictable, you just have to understand it... ". (Your thesis) - Type of Grail: - Persistent, unobvious and constant pattern in price movements.
  • Thesis: "The market is unpredictable, but mathematics is all-powerful!" Type of Grail: - The great formula for predicting the unpredictable. (Next, comes a forest of mathematical terms).
  • Thesis: "The market is unpredictable, mathematics is powerless, but computational power will save us!" Type of Grail: - Super-Mega-UltraComputer calculating billions of variants in a microsecond.

The list of Grail types could go on and on. The point is that subconsciousness does not want to part with the idea of the Grail, and will always find a new technology, science or theory to save it. The Grail must and will exist in people's imagination and serve as a powerful psychological motivator for them. The influence of the Grail on the psyche, like the influence of Father Christmas, cannot be defeated by arguments or arguments, it can only grow from under it. I will not argue why there is no consistent pattern in the market. It's useless. When you want to part with the idea of the Grail (if you admit it to yourself), you will see for yourself why there isn't one.

3. To interact with a robot means to participate in the trading process together with the robot - it carries out assigned tasks, informs about what is happening, posts statistics, asks for readjustments to increase efficiency, asks for confirmation of actions, monitors what is happening in other markets, controls some user actions and much more... A robot should be an employee, not a boss. Unfortunately, there are almost no such robots nowadays. They are too complicated to implement. If it becomes possible to reduce the complexity of making them, we will see them. Robots right now are wind-up machines. For more than that, they are not yet up to the task. Unfortunately.

If you have sufficient programming and development experience, you will understand what I am talking about.

The notion of grail in my understanding I have voiced herehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/75178/page91#comment_8131853 and it is not exactly the grail everyone dreams of.

Есть ли ГРААЛЬ на FOREX?
Есть ли ГРААЛЬ на FOREX?
  • www.mql5.com
Общее обсуждение: Есть ли ГРААЛЬ на FOREX?

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Perhaps this is what is called a venture capital business? In your description it looks like something quite esoteric. I assume that millionaires do it not only because of self-respect but also because of the tax benefits.

No, it is not a venture, ie. high risk, business. It is a business aimed at future development and, as you correctly point out, reducing tax burdens.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:

The concept of grail as I understand it I have voiced it herehttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/75178/page91#comment_8131853 and it is not exactly the grail that everyone dreams of.

Well, in this case, it needs to be clarified. Not a grail, but a stable operating ATS (then what does the "persistent market pattern" suggestive of a grail have to do with it?) But, let's drop the subject.

My main message was that we (the algorithmic trading community) have room to grow.

Direction of growth: automation of trading routines. In this we will always be the first.

So the future is ours.

Reason: