A pattern. - page 7

Not by Fourier, Taylor or other respected citizens; not by dispersion, RMS or some other expected payoff.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Not by Fourier, Taylor and other respected citizens; not by dispersion, RMS or some other expected payoff.

Levels or what?

You're not getting it right.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Not by Fourier, Taylor or other respected citizens; not by dispersion, RMS or some other expectation.

I drink and eat with my head and write programs with my fingers. Ooh.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Hot Estonian guys, that's not what I mean.

Does the false statement "... there are no regularities in the market..." make the true statement "... there are no accidents in the market..."?

There are both regularities in the market, which are clearly seen on history, and accidents, which are probably not random. But it's useless for trading. And the market itself may be not random.

I have already quoted: "In the strong formulation of the law of causality: "if you know the present precisely, you can predict the future", the premise is wrong, not the conclusion. We cannot in principle know the present in all details" W. Heisenberg

In general the question of randomness-causality of the market is irrelevant. And it does not make sense.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I drink and eat with my head and write programs with my fingers. Ooh.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

In general, the question of market randomness-lawfulness is irrelevant. Nor does it make sense.

But it is possible to speculate. It will not kill you.

Uladzimir Izerski:

It's all right to speculate. It wouldn't hurt.

That's what we do.)

Uladzimir Izerski:

It's all right to speculate. It won't hurt.

I agree. Randomness is an unknowable pattern...

Алексей Тарабанов:

what was the post about?

about nothing?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Regularity.

Alexei Tarabanov, 2018.05.30 22:23

One does not make money by Fourier, Taylor and other respected citizens transformation; not by variance, RMS or some other expectation.

Алексей Тарабанов:

Basically an unknowable pattern.) But there's also just randomness, and it's impossible to tell the difference).

Reason: