How to use EA in MT4/MT5 with real account and make real trades with it?

Hello forum, good day.

I'm still relatively new to MQL/MetaTrader and have an EA that would like to use in MT4/MT5 with a real account. What I would like to do is to start trading with it, how is this possible?

Best regards and thank you in advance,

codeMolecules 

Are you asking for instructions as to how to get the EA into the program and on to the chart?  And which platform  MT4 or MT5  or both.

There is quite a bot of information on this site as to how to use both platforms, perhaps you can be a bit more specific as to what you need and then someone will surely get the help you need.

Blaiserboy:

Are you asking for instructions as to how to get the EA into the program and on to the chart?  And which platform  MT4 or MT5  or both.

There is quite a bot of information on this site as to how to use both platforms, perhaps you can be a bit more specific as to what you need and then someone will surely get the help you need.

I already have the EA in MT4/MT5 and have done tests in the Strategy Tester, but I would like to use it to make real trades with it.

Best regards and thank you,

codeMolecules 

codeMolecules:

I already have the EA in MT4/MT5 and have done tests in the Strategy Tester, but I would like to use it to make real trades with it.

codeMolecules 

Just drop it on a chart and ensure you enable auto trading in both the EA and in MT options. You'll know if it's working if you see a smiley face in the top right corner of the chart. If it's a sad face, the EA can't trade.

Filter:
Just drop it on a chart and ensure you enable auto trading in both the EA and in MT options. You'll know if it's working if you see a smiley face in the top right corner of the chart. If it's an sad face, the EA can't trade.

Thank you very much Filter. I'll give it a try.

codeMolecules. 

codeMolecules:

Thank you very much Filter. I'll give it a try.

codeMolecules. 

Welcome mate, please let us know if you have any further issues with it

Cheers

Filter:
Welcome mate, please let us know if you have any further issues with it

Cheers

I've been doing some tests with a demo account (before going live) and so far it's running okay, the only issue I have found is that if I close MetaTrader or turn my computer off, the EA stops running. Is there a way for the EA to keep running even if I close MetaTrader or shut down my computer?

codeMolecules 

codeMolecules:

I've been doing some tests with a demo account (before going live) and so far it's running okay, the only issue I have found is that if I close MetaTrader or turn my computer off, the EA stops running. Is there a way for the EA to keep running even if I close MetaTrader or shut down my computer?

codeMolecules 

Dear friend, EA always working on your PC with net connection, so, if you disconnect the net or shutdown the pc, EA will stop working. If you want to continue EA trading in your account, only way to use VPS service. You have to rent one VPS service and have to install the EA in VPS MT4 terminal as like PC, after active the EA in VPS, no need to open your PC / net to trade continue. EA will work for you 24 hours. You can check VPS from anywhere / any device.

Note: In the market you can hire VPS monthly rent $15 to up. I don't know which broker you are working, but lot of broker offers free VPS service for their clients with small investment condition. Thanks.

nirob76:

Dear friend, EA always working on your PC with net connection, so, if you disconnect the net or shutdown the pc, EA will stop working. If you want to continue EA trading in your account, only way to use VPS service. You have to rent one VPS service and have to install the EA in VPS MT4 terminal as like PC, after active the EA in VPS, no need to open your PC / net to trade continue. EA will work for you 24 hours. You can check VPS from anywhere / any device.

Note: In the market you can hire VPS monthly rent $15 to up. I don't know which broker you are working, but lot of broker offers free VPS service for their clients with small investment condition. Thanks.

Thank you very much nirob76!

codeMolecules 

codeMolecules:

Thank you very much nirob76!

codeMolecules 

Welcome Buddy. 

Hello there. 

How to know that my EA is working on the chart. When it is red and stop or when is green and on play signals??

THanks

A.A:

Reason: