Let's discuss joint projects in the editor - why and where they are going - page 11

Renat Fatkhullin:

A radical rewrite.

We plan to include support for C++, C#, R, Python with external compilers/interpreters in the editor.

OH!!! It's probably too early to ask for details, isn't it?

But promising.

Good luck

Renat Fatkhullin:

A radical rewrite.

We plan to include support for C++, C#, R, Python with external compilers/interpreters in the editor.

Just the ability to work in MetaEditor? Or integration with MQL? If integration of Python, C# and R is cool! With C++ everything is more or less clear. Visual Studio is enough. Recently I wrote a self-made library for Python integration. It would be good to bolt on Python and R first of all!

I thought that with the emergence of the projects, it would be possible to put the implementation of the class into a separate mq5 file. But it turned out that this is not the case. Will it be done or is it necessary to put everything into mqh?

Renat Fatkhullin:

A radical rewrite.

We plan to include support for C++, C#, R, Python with external compilers/interpreters into the editor.

Cool! But for God's sake, don't write compilers yourself again. I am not young any more, I'll die before I even wait. )

Koldun Zloy:
I assumed that with the emergence of the projects, you could bring the implementation of the class into a separate mq5 file. But it turned out that it isn't. Will it be done, or is it necessary to cram everything into mqh?

Why? Well, the pluses have done so historically, since the computers were weak and used split compilation. In addition you can pass to the customer in compiled format + headers in .h

In fact, have you tried it? Classes can be defined in .mq5 as well, it's just much more inconvenient.

Renat Fatkhullin:

Verification will remain of course.

It's just that a lot of the requirements will be checked on the editor's side. That is, most of the warnings and advice will be seen from the meta-editor, not the moderator.

We will finally increase the scope of product requirements by offering a means of automated verification and material preparation.

1. Does this only apply to products built with the help of a project or to products built by usual methods as well? I don't know why I need a project)

2 "automated checking and material preparation tools". - is this a code check in the compiler or an algorithm for checking logos and descriptions?

3 what exactly will "increase the volume of requirements" be

4 (about other languages) ask as I understand it, in the compiler MetaEditor it will be possible to write in C++. C#. python, R ?

Pavel Verveyko:

1 will this only apply to a product created through a project or will it also apply to an ordinary product? I don't know why I need a project, for example)

2 "Automated check and material preparation tools" - is this a code check in the compiler or an algorithm for checking logos and descriptions?

3 what exactly will "increase the volume of requirements" be

4 (about other languages) ask as I understand it, in the compiler MetaEditor it will be possible to write in C++. C#. python, R ?

Everything is moving towards serious editors with code analysis in the process of writing. For example, in VS, when you edit C#, a message pops up immediately telling you that this is a low-case error.

Saves time when compiling large projects, most silly errors are fixed while still writing code.

At last job a complete build of one project was run in the evening and everyone went home, because it took 5-6 hours.

Publication of new products with the full package of descriptions, pictures and logo will be from the project. Publishing a new version in the same way.

The project is needed because the product is not just an ex4/ex5 file. There is also a list of default *.set files, so that traders can quickly understand what settings are recommended.

Automated checks will be introduced gradually, so that the developer can quickly see the modes to be tested in order to reduce the traders' problems.

The support of other languages and integration will be introduced gradually. The goal is to run the main projects directly in MetaEditor. In fact, we are following the way of aggregation, as in Visual Studio.

I write one code, but compile several versions in Russian with Russian description of settings and link to Russian description, in English with links to English description.

Now description in the project is in the priority and the description is not used in the code, so I have to make a tambourine dance to write several versions...

Can you suggest how to develop the same code, but for example for 3-5 languages, using current projects?

Why priority of descriptions is given to the project file and not to descriptions in the code ?

Vladimir Pastushak:

I write one code, but I compile several versions in Russian with Russian description of settings and link to Russian description, in English with links to English description.

Now description in the project is in the priority and the description is not used in the code, so I have to make a tambourine dance to write several versions...

Can you give me advice on how to develop the same code for e.g. 3-5 languages using current projects ?

Why the priority of descriptions is given to the project file and not to the descriptions in the code ?

Define the compilation language and substitute the required messages according to it.

Reason: