From theory to practice - page 378

Years go by, but the rake still remains the same)
Your erlang flows are called volume bars in Russian. Only volume should not be a constant, but the inverse of the average for a given time of day. Range bars are even more interesting.
However, I don't think it will bring you closer to the grail anyway.)

bas:
The years go by and the rake is still the same)
Your erlang flows are called volume bars in Russian. Only volume is not a constant, but an average for a given time of day. Range bars are even more interesting.
However, I don't think this is any closer to the grail.)

...A century has passed. And again,

As in that unforgotten year -

He'll stop a horse at a gallop,

She'll go into a burning house.

She'd like to live a different life,

Wearing her precious clothes...

But the horses keep galloping and galloping.

And the huts burn and burn.

bas:
The years go by and the rake is still the same)

Haiku or tanka.

How many years have passed,

And the rake is still the same. (с)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Haiku or tanka.

And the rake is still the same. (с)

And maybe some advice - how to get a person off the ground?

Not waiting, as always, for a reply from the child, I set for a week the intervals of quotation reading = Erlang's 8th order flow (the GSH is exactly Erlang with + 0.5 and Integer output value).

What's it like in S. Lem's book? "I'll show you!" - he shouted. Who and what was he going to show? Unknown." Well, that's just a memory - the text in the original is much classier.

Renat Akhtyamov:
Maybe some advice on how a person can get a head start?
The advice is clear even to a hedgehog, i.e. a woodland creature without higher physical education, that one should catch the trend and not wander in the noise and fog...

Renat Akhtyamov:
Maybe some advice on how to get a person off the ground?
This branch has already given so much advice that only a lazy person would not build a grail ), but Alexander will not read them, he is smarter than everyone else).

Renat Akhtyamov:
And maybe some advice after all - how to get a man moving?

He can't hear. Gone to the future.

Sorry for the repetition.

Alexander_K2:

What's it like in S. Lem's book? "I'll show you!" - he shouted. Who and what was he going to show? Unknown." Well, that's just a memory - the original text is much classier.

I'll show you - he was shouting to matter, beating the essence out of matter.

This passage I gave somewhere at the beginning of the topic. it is very reminiscent of our character, only ours does not require hammers, but the distribution of "different weight and shape".

And here is the excerpt

Towards the end of his life, or rather in his later years, Jeremiah underwent a remarkable metamorphosis. Locked up tightly in his cellar, from which he had removed every last piece of apparatus, and left alone with empty walls, a wooden cot, a stool and an old iron rail, he never left this refuge, or, if you prefer, a voluntary prison. But was it really an imprisonment, and was his act a flight from the world, a gesture of despair, an entry into the reclusive anachoret's profession? The facts contradict such an assumption.  It was not humble contemplation that he was surrendering himself to in his voluntary seclusion.  Apart from a piece of bread and a mug of water, he was also given objects through a small door window, which he demanded - and he demanded the same thing all these sixteen years: hammers of different weight and shape.  He received a total of 3,219, and when his great heart stopped, there were hundreds of hammers lying around the cellar, corroded and flattened by titanic efforts. Day and night there came a pounding sound from beneath, silenced only briefly by the sound of a voluntary prisoner resting his weary flesh, or, after a short nap, by the notes in the laboratory log which now lies on my desk. It is clear from these notes that he has not changed in spirit at all, on the contrary, he is firmer than ever, devoting himself entirely to the new plan. "I'll show her!", "I'll give her hell!", "Just a little more and I'll kill her!"  - Such remarks, sketched in his characteristic, illegible handwriting, dotted these thick notebooks, strewn with metal shavings. Who was he going to kick?   Whom was he going to kill?  That will remain a mystery - an adversary as enigmatic as she is powerful is never named.  It seems to me that in a moment of epiphany, which often comes to great souls, he decided to commit at the highest, the highest level - something that previously tried to do is not so bold. Previously, he had pushed all sorts of devices to the extreme and scolded them harshly in order to achieve his goal. Now, hidden in his self-imposed prison from a horde of feeble-minded detractors, the proud old man has entered the history books through the cellar door, for - this is my hypothesis - he is faced with the most powerful foe in the world: during all those sixteen years of hard labour he was never for a moment unaware that he was storming the centre of being and tirelessly, without hesitation, doubts or pity, was beating the matter! For what purpose, with what aim? Oh, it was not at all like the act of that ancient monarch who ordered the sea that swallowed his ships to be chiseled away. In his Sisyphusian selfless labour I discern a design straightforwardly grandiose.  Future generations will understand that Jeremiah was speaking on behalf of humanity. He wanted to push matter to the very last limit, to ensnare it, to squeeze the last essence out of it and thus to conquer it.  What would come next? An anarchy of catastrophe, a physical and structural lawlessness?  Or the birth of new laws? That we do not know. Those who follow in the footsteps of Jeremiah will someday find out.

Alexander_K2:

For now, we do not consider the constant c. It is very important and we will come back to it.

Now I'm just going to point out the unpleasant thing that hit me in the face. And it hurt like hell...

I used to work with uniform time t=1 sec. I considered exponential intervals theoretically as a possibility to work with Erlang flows.

In window=4 hrs had:

sigma = Root(c*(SUM(ABS(return))/N)*14400).

But the problem was not yet solved. The constant c! That's the one which is not so easy to calculate. I know how to do it, but to do it we need to enter the space where all currency pairs in 4 hours have the same amount of quotes for time t. I.e. get into the right Erlang flow.

For the time being, I simply put c=0.01 for JPY pairs and c=0.0001 for all others.

I.e. I used the formula:

sigma = Root(0.01*(SUM(ABS(return))/N)*14400) for pairs with JPY.

sigma = Root(0.0001*(SUM(ABS(return))/N)*14400) for all others.

Now I think that's it - it's time for the Erlang flows.

I have chosen a 2nd-order thread. I.e. average quote reading time = 2 seconds. I get:

sigma = Root(0.01*(SUM(ABS(return))/N)*7200) for JPY pairs.

sigma = Root(0.0001*(SUM(ABS(return))/N)*7200) for all others.

И... Got it in the ass...

While I, like Jeremiah, am agonizing over Erlang's threads, I'll continue my post.

It turns out that when passing to the Erlang's flow of the 2nd order (at intensities = 1/ln(0.5)), the time intervals between expected events (tick quotes) = 2 sec.

I.e. the unit of time has become 2 sec instead of 1 sec.

Instead of 4 hours = 14400 sec, I used 4 hours = 7200 sec, and the constant c remained the same as it was with 0.01 for JPY pairs and with 0.0001 for all others.

A gross error!

Let's try to analyze what this constant is and if it is a constant at all.

Reason: