Interesting and humorous (politics and history banned) - page 116

khorosh:

How do you make malt?

It's sold ready-made. There are different varieties, too.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

What do I have to do with it) You're the one who's out there brewing something and calling it "beer") Cut it out yourself before you start having health and law enforcement problems)

You're the one who seems to be boozing it up.

PapaYozh:

It is sold ready-made. Different varieties, too.

Is it supposed to ferment without air access?

khorosh:

Why would I want all that when I've felt the results for myself. When my sugar is over 10, I feel like an old wreck and am totally physically incapacitated. Even going to the shops is a problem. This is why my blood sugar level is the most important thing for me. Any possible side effects are of secondary importance to me. I think if you drink 0.5l of beer in the evening, the side effects won't be too noticeable.

Just don't forget about unloading days)

Aleksey Nikolayev:

especially Russian "beer".

In the last Soviet years, I worked with the British and Americans. They raved about Soviet beer (bottled). They said it was the best beer, they would take it home in containers. Pity the shelf life was only 3 days.

Nowadays, shop beer is laced with preservatives. But Russian craft beer is praised. It's not the best, but it's on a world level of craft beer.

Aleksey Nikolayev:

You obviously have female logic) Check your hormones - beer increases the release of female hormones in men) And this is a scientifically proven fact, unlike the benefits of beer for diabetics)

Leave me alone.

khorosh:

Should there be fermentation without air access?

Fermentation produces carbon dioxide. It is heavier than air and fills the space in the fermentation tank, displacing the air.

But you have to fill the tank no more than half full. The fermentation raises the cap.

Valeriy Yastremskiy:

Don't forget about unloading days)

Yes, when sugar is more or less at an acceptable level, you can also take a break.

PapaYozh:

During fermentation carbon dioxide is released. It is heavier than air and fills the space in the fermentation tank, displacing the air.

But do not fill the tank more than half full. During fermentation a cap rises.

I used to make grape wine when I lived in Bishkek. The tank was hermetically sealed and plastic pipes were used to remove escaping gas through a water seal. What's malt? Is it a powder?

I just don't understand why home-brewed beer can be better than store-brewed if the ingredients are all the same.

khorosh:

Yes, when sugar is more or less at an acceptable level, you can also take a break.

I know from my mum that sugar is burned off by active movement. Long walks, at least.
Reason: