Euro Rat - page 13

Gridcent:
Thanks for the explanation and screenshots. Another question - the principle of "synchronisation" - You're waiting for the wave crossing on two currency pairs at the same time, right?

And another thing - I trade on a martin so I don't expect them to cross - for me it's enough just to have them in the "right position" ...

elmucon:

Yes - if both of them signal to the upside and the correlation is direct, then both of them are on the buy and vice versa,

If the correlation is reversed, the signal will be one up and one down and the trade will be the same, one up and one down

Thanks for the clarification!

Vitaly Muzichenko:

This is what I trade.

In the video I showed that there is no point in trading 2 pairs that include one currency, you can look at them to make an entry decision, but no more

Here is the link to the video archive if you cannot watch it on youtube

i have watched the video - i want to note that while you are looking at two pairs and trading the third (which, as i noticed, not much has passed)

those two - which you were watching not only fully synchronized but also passed twice as much ...

both methods are good and have their pros and cons ... your drawdown is less but the profit is less

my way - the drawdown is bigger but the profit is bigger ... so there is a difference in taste and colour as they say ...

elmucon:

I watched the video - I want to note that while you're looking at two pairs walking on the third (which, as I noticed, didn't go that far)

those two - which you were looking at not only fully synchronized but also passed twice as much ...

both methods are good and have their pros and cons ... your drawdown is less but the profit is less

my way - the drawdown is bigger but the profit is bigger ... so there is a difference in taste and colour as they say ...

as far as I understand (from a couple of threads on the forum) the general idea of this

1) look at strong pairs with USD - if there is a similar movement in all (many) and no contradictions, it means that the USD has moved and the conclusion is to trade in it. We follow the movements with wands, we select the characteristics of each pair according to its specifics

2) if there is no obvious movement of the dollar then let's look similarly to the euro (as the second strongest currency) using its crosses

good, correct approach

of ideas for improvement:

a) choose a pair (in two or more cases) to enter based on point price, volatility and time of day (if you enter all of them at once, then it turns out to be absurd)

b) add metals to the system as a control - if they have moved, then the movement is serious

c) back-port to 4 :-) for now the reality is that if you need a community, you need to support both versions

example ...

elmucon:

example ...

Thanks for the video. You create a template called tester and it will be applied in the tester, so you don't have to configure it every time

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Thanks for the video. You create a template called tester and it will be applied in the tester, so you don't have to configure it every time

Thanks - didn't know - it worked ...

So what's up?

3ё12

Idea: instead of tracking multiple symbols, you should only work on one symbol. Just one clarification: you need to have two magic symbols - one for trading on the trading strategy signals and the second exclusively for pulling out losing positions on the first magic symbol.

Vladimir Karputov:

I have a different idea. I did a statistic on the repetition length distribution of the same bars (statistics of bar series distributions):Statistics of candles. And this is what I got:

On the "X" axis the series are plotted - i.e. series "-5" means five consecutive bearish bars and series "2" means two consecutive bullish bars:

Figure 1. AUDCAD,H1. 1200 bars.

So a series of bars with the length of one bar (bears or bulls) is the vast majority of all other series. It means that in the overwhelming majority we have such a picture with a very high probability: the next bar will be opposite in direction to the current bar.

Quite an interesting observation...but how to use it... say work only in one direction...or is it the same 80% of the flat and the basis for pipsing...
Reason: