Help me find a laptop - page 14

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Chipset failures ))))) requires mega-hard temperatures to melt the textolite, e.g. in a Russian furnace.

Our VCR chipboard melted after 3 years of operation. And that's assuming that the chipset was not used for graphics, just for online games. The tin tends to dry out, a micro-crack appears, and no contact with the track - that's it, it's dead. You can warm it up, but it won't last long. This rarely happens with Intel.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

AMD products scare me

Yes, I had an AMD powered laptop, it was heating up to 95-105 degrees, disassembly, cleaning, new thermal paste - nothing helped.

Maybe a modern AMD is good?

According to the reviews it looks like a good choice, at least you can buy a stand in the future if it gets too hot.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Help to choose a notebook

khorosh, 2017.11.29 18:52

Found a cheaper option, about the same parameters:

HP 15-bw019ur (1ZK08EA) AMD A12-9720P/15.6″/1920×1080/6Gb/256Gb SSD/AMD Radeon 530/Windows 10/Black

Price: 34 864 р

Processor
AMD A12 9720P
Processor Manufacturer
AMD
Frequency (MHz)
Maximum Frequency (M Hz)
Number of Cores

The processor is cheaper and the performance is as good as the i5.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

We had a VCR that fell off after 3 years of use, and that's assuming no graphics, just online games. The tin tends to dry out, a micro-crack appears, and no contact with the track - that's it, it's dead. You can warm it up, but it won't last long. With Intel, that happens very rarely.

it's not the chipset, it's the chip on what vid? Usually hot videocards cause them to fall off, it's normal...

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Well, it's not the chipset, it's the chip on what vid? Usually hot videocards cause them to fail, it's normal...

Both the chipset on the motherboard and the video card chip fall off, I described the situation with the chip. The video card is from Gigabyte's Radeon series.

It's not that, it's that you should buy "cold" components, they are a little more expensive, but in operation they will pay for themselves

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Both the chipset on the motherboard and the video card chip are failing, I have described the situation with the chip. The video card is from Gigabyte's Radeon series.

Radeons do suffer from this... however nvidea is no better

Vitaly Muzichenko:
It's not that, it's that you should buy "cold" components, they're a bit more expensive, but they'll pay for themselves in use

That's right, I agree... and don't go for the cheap stuff - there's no demand for it at all.

SEM:

Yeah, I had an AMD-powered laptop, it was heating up to 95-105 degrees, disassembly, cleaning, new thermal paste - nothing helped.

Maybe modern AMD is ok?

Judging by the reviews it looks like it's possible to buy it, at least you can buy a support in the future if it gets warm.

Did it get warm under load? Generally, cooling system could be damaged - hermetic sealing is broken, if it was heating up in any tasks.

I will say so, old generation laptops on i-5 450M get awfully hot, at least for me, but on the other hand a lot depends on cooling system organization, not only on processor. Therefore it is not quite appropriate to say, that AMD has 4 full-featured cores, but TC has single-threaded tasks, so Intel will win, all other things being equal. And AMD graphics card will be much better, i.e. fully support OpenCL.

But such notebooks are not really needed for pure trading.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Was it warm under load? In general, the cooling system may be damaged - the sealing may have been compromised if it was warm on all tasks.

Was warm under load. Tightness of the cooling system is critical for water cooling, it is a plus for air cooling (it cools better).

khorosh:
I don't know about it now, but earlier, when I bought that desktop computer, AMD on the contrary was cooler than Intel ones. I don't know about it now, I'll look it up on the Internet.

The 2 laptop alternatives selected use processors:

Intel Core i5 7200U and AMD A12 - 9720P. Their power consumption is the same - 15 watts, so with the same cooling system they should heat up equally.

In terms of performance the Intel one wins, though not by much. But by price/performance ratio AMD is undoubtedly the leader.

Article - schema.org
  • schema.org
An article, such as a news article or piece of investigative report. Newspapers and magazines have articles of many different types and this is intended to cover them all. See also blog post. PropertyExpected TypeDescription Properties from Article Indicates sections of a Web page that are particularly 'speakable' in the sense of being...
Reason: