Help me find a laptop - page 5

Sergey Chalyshev:

Then all the more reason to connect to the desktop via RDP, it will be fast and no load on the laptop.

And if the laptop has 10 Windows and the desktop has 7 Windows, can you connect them via RDP?

khorosh:

On desktop: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3225 CPU @ 3.3 GHz 4GB RAM 64-bit Windows 7

On laptop: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz RAM 3, 00GB 64-bit Windows 10

There is only one MT4 running on the laptop. There are 6 open charts on 6 instruments. An Expert Advisor for semi-automatic trading and several indicators are installed on each of them. On each chart there is an expert control panel with 28 buttons. Also the Opera browser is usually loaded and many pages are open in it.

Laptop freezes usually happen when the quotes are flowing fast during news events.

Now I've checked MT4's CPU load is 40 to 56%, but it happens when the quotes are calm.

CPU is ranked at 600th place which is not so good (I have some options for upgrading), but it should not be fatal for MT4.

I suggest you download Super PI 1.9 and test both processors there, this test for single-core calculation speed, and then using the table I gave you the link, look for approximate close processor for your notebook.

You probably have one of your indicators/advisors running with deep history on every tick. I would still recommend looking for an indicator/bar/advisor that consumes a lot of resources - maybe it's more practical to fix, especially if you are making a trading decision to open a new bar. Oh, and try reducing the number of bars on the chart in the settings - this often gives a nice performance boost, especially if there are indicators which are crooked or overdrawing.

If you test inSuper PI, select 1M for the calculation.

Also, maybe your laptops are overheating too much and are trolling?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

The processor is in 600th place in the rating, which is not good (there are options for upgrade), but it should not be fatal for MT4.

I suggest to download Super PI 1.9 and test both processors there, this test for single core speed, and then use the table I gave you the link to look for a roughly close processor for a laptop.

You probably have one of your indicators/advisors running with deep history on every tick. I would still recommend looking for an indicator/advisor that consumes a lot of resources - maybe it's more practical to fix, especially if you are making a trading decision to open a new bar. Oh, and try reducing the number of bars on the chart in the settings - this often gives a nice performance boost, especially if there are indicators which are crooked or overdrawing.

The number of bars on the chart is already small - 500. I removed the indicators one by one and observed the CPU load. I have not noticed that CPU load decreases dramatically when removing one of them. If even with deleted chartsMT4 loads the CPU by 10-23%, it's probably just a weak CPU.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Also, maybe your laptops are overheating too much and are trolling?
How can you tell?

Vladimir Karputov:

As they say, no two tastes are the same :)

On the contrary, I like to work from a 15" laptop rather than a desktop PC. It's good enough for me:

Laptops are bad for the spine and the cervical spine as you sit hunched over. The centre of the screen should ideally be at eye level. I put two books under the monitor.

khorosh:
If my laptop has 10 Windows and my desktop has 7 Windows, can I connect them via RDP?

If a 7 with service-pack, it should work

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Laptops are bad for the spine and the cervical spine as you sit hunched over. The centre of the screen should ideally be at eye level. I put two books under the monitor.

Or saw the legs of the chair).

I work with my laptop while lying down. It doesn't hurt a bit. Sitting down, my lower back starts to hurt and my legs get stiff.

khorosh:

Or saw the legs of a chair).

I work lying down with my laptop. It doesn't hurt a bit. Sitting down, my lower back starts to hurt and my legs get stiff.

Lying down is good for watching films but it's not so good for working (programming). That's for me personally. I saw a weirdo's workplace in the States. He made a dental chair, the posture is almost lying down, and several monitors on brackets.

And Torvald likes to program while walking on a treadmill ))

khorosh:

Or saw the legs of a chair).

I work lying down with my laptop. It doesn't hurt a bit. Sitting down, my lower back starts to hurt and my legs get stiff.

I recommend you get one of these for your laptop, I've been using it myself for a few years now. It's very comfortable. And it hasn't fallen apart yet.

Reason: