Collaborative project development in MQL5 - our future? - page 8

George Merts:

What are we talking about here?

About collaborative development? Well, as a matter of fact, I agree with Alexey that only free non-commercial products can really be developed. Everything else is a shame.

And the level of people really is very different.

It's enough to look at my code with virtualization, then on code of fxsaber, the "guru of defines", then on old-school code of Peter, to understand that these three will find it extremely difficult to agree. Hardly anyone will refuse their developments in free products (not to say that not everyone will agree to give their developments for free).

So, in my opinion, all these are empty and, most importantly, completely unnecessary dreams. What is the point of all these "joint developments"? Is it just to amuse your ego?

At the moment there is only one way to share the repository. It's either training, when I share a folder for a client, or refining the code so he can always be aware of what's being done, and I wouldn't have to remember what I skype there and what I've forgotten.

George Merts:

What are we talking about here?

About collaborative development? Well, as a matter of fact, I agree with Alexey that only free non-commercial products can really be developed. Everything else is a shame.

And the level of people really is very different.

It's enough to look at my code with virtualization, then on code of fxsaber, the "guru of defines", then on old-school code of Peter, to understand that these three will find it extremely difficult to agree. Hardly anyone will refuse their developments in free products (not to say that not everyone will agree to give their developments for free).

So, in my opinion, all this is an empty, and most importantly, completely unnecessary dream. What is the point of all these "collaborative development"? Is it just to amuse your ego?

I would not be so skeptical.

Initiators of joint projects periodically appear on this forum, and many want to join a team. Of course, it is useless to unite people with different approaches, but each approach has its followers. They can join together. Of course, to start a collective work on advisors in conditions of open access to developments from all sides is like digging for gold in full view of everyone. No one will do it.

So we need collaborative but closed development. Then there is definitely a point.

Реter Konow:

I wouldn't be so sceptical.

There are initiators of collective projects on the forum from time to time, and many want to join a team. Of course it is useless to unite people with different approaches, but each approach has its followers. They can join together. Of course, to start a collective work on advisors in conditions of open access to developments from all sides is like digging for gold in full view of everyone. No one will do it.

So we need collaborative but closed development. Then there is definitely a point.

With the same success the initiators regularly appear here, offering to unite the traders, so that to overcome the market by collective intelligence. Do you think something comes out of this idea? ) I guess it all comes down to Krylov's fable about a swan, a pike and a crawfish. It is the same with the code.

Alexey Navoykov:

The same success is regularly seen here with initiators suggesting that traders join forces to defeat the market with their collective wits. Do you think something comes out of this idea? ) I guess it all comes down to Krylov's fable about a swan, a pike and a crawfish. It's the same with code.

You know, as long as there is a myth about the grail, or even about successful trading (maybe it's not a myth), people will "storm" the market with their minds, trying to understand and predict it.

The gold rush continues until the last rumours of veins, nuggets and gold sand found. And as long as people believe in luck, science, and their own genius, they will not tire of looking for ways to enrich themselves in the marketplace. Whether they do it together or individually is not the point. The main thing, the company needs, - to find the right direction of innovative proposals for the new generations of traders, - the changing participants of the endless gold fever. Then the company will always be "in the driver's seat".

Joint projects are undoubtedly an interesting line of business for many. If done right, it should be a success.

Реter Konow:

You know, as long as there is a myth about the grail, or even about successful trading (it may not be a myth), people will "storm" the market with their minds, trying to understand and predict it.

The gold rush continues until the latest rumours of veins, nuggets and gold sand found. And as long as people believe in luck, science, and their own genius, they will not tire of looking for ways to enrich themselves in the marketplace. Whether they do it together or separately is not the point. The main thing that the company needs is to find the right direction of innovative offers for the new generations of traders, the changing participants of the endless gold fever. Then the company will always be "in the driver's seat".

Joint projects are undoubtedly an interesting line of business for many. If done right, should be a success.

For joint pro bono projects, there must be an experienced unselfish coordinator, otherwise anarchy will ensue. I've managed groups of 5-10 people, even with a clear work plan, it's difficult to coordinate developers.

What to say, when we develop something brand new, so to say, go into terra incognito. Here you need people of Torvalds level, who are ready to work for respect or for something else immaterial. And at the same time have outstanding qualities as leaders and coordinators.

Something on this forum I do not see.

SZS: All noticed, the authors of successful signals for some reason here do not graze. There is no time, people are making money )).

Vitaly Muzichenko:

If mql, as you say, is such a simple language, then why is there a "Freelance" section, why can't a housewife write a program herself?

Probably because it is as complicated as any other language. It is simple for those who write in it.

Probably because one part of people are lazy and the other don't know what it is or why they need it at all.

And looking at job vacancies for methaquotes, I have projects under my belt and such experience as they require, I would never go to work for someone else.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

For joint free projects, there has to be an experienced unselfish coordinator, otherwise anarchy will ensue. I have managed groups of 5-10 people, even with a clear plan of work, it is difficult to coordinate developers.

What to say, when we develop something brand new, so to say, go into terra incognito. Here you need people of Torvalds level, who are ready to work for respect or for something else immaterial. And at the same time have outstanding qualities as leaders and coordinators.

Something on this forum I do not see.

SZS: All noticed, the authors of successful signals for some reason here do not graze. There is no time, people make money )).

The point of joint development can only be commercial. Less talented people will team up with more talented people to obtain greater results. The purpose of the team could be either to create a product for personal use or to sell it.

Free access for all seems to kill the idea. Don't you think so?

(And serious people and good managers are bound to be found.)

Mickey Moose:

Probably because one part of the people is lazy and the other does not know what it is and why it is needed at all.

And looking at vacancies methaquotov - with a track record of projects and experience as they require - a life would not go to someone - that's work.

For 300000 rubles / month, too, would not go? ))

Реter Konow:

The point of collaborative development can only be commercial. Less talented people will team up with more talented people to get more out of their work. The aim of the team could be either to create a product for personal use or to sell it.

And serious people and good executives are bound to be found).

When a house is built - especially if it's a big house - a project is definitely needed (especially if we are going to have a division of labour). An architectural project is needed to make the work more or less coherent. The project usually takes 5-10% of the construction of the house including work and materials, so it also performs and not one person and a lot (sections of HVAC and other). And it does not matter if we are building a high-rise or just a huge mansion.

In programming, too, there is a kind of architectural project, only called in another way, ToR. And without it something big simply can not be done (except for the constant rewrites). Conclusion that when you conceive a complex program - it will be difficult even to create TOR, and if you miss TK, you get what will be an incredible lot of rework.

Construction of a house begins with the exterior - here the architect comes to us and starts to make sketches of what we would like. I.e. in order to draw up TOR for a big project, we should first draw up TOR on which we will draw up TK for a big project. And here the TOR for the TK is still possible to write one person. Unless, of course, we are talking about large projects. Well, first we need an idea... Although one idea alone will not get you far...

And how can all this be on a voluntary basis?

So there is only one way - when the project will be rewritten many times from scratch.... Even so, everyone will be pulling in their own direction and there will be huge misunderstandings.

Реter Konow:

The point of collaborative development can only be commercial. Less talented people will team up with more talented people to get more out of their work. The aim of the team could be either to create a product for personal use or to sell it.

And serious people and good managers are bound to be found.)

They won't, because everyone thinks for himself first of all and doesn't trust others. If you need to save development time, it is easier to divide the task into classes and distribute them on a freelance basis.

Reason: