Mt4 End of support. - page 6

Олег avtomat:

This conversation is over. Cheers, capitalist.

It seems my comment about low brain power was offensive. I sincerely apologize. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

And good health to you. Good luck.

Реter Konow:

If you do not understand the importance of business, then you have not yet reached the age of capitalism. I have been living within this capitalism for a long time, so your lack of understanding of the obvious is strange to me.

the essence of capitalism is to take money from another person, no matter how and no matter why, it is essentially legalized robbery. for this you need those categories of people who are easy to cheat, because they themselves treat cheating as a game, and also, from your words, have not developed thinking and intelligence. do not bring fictional flaws into your desires of the platform.

Respectfully.

Реter Konow:

You translated it into bullshit, not Russian. Told you not to throw around epithets.

What does this have to do with Mormons?

If you don't understand the meaning of business, then you haven't grown up with capitalism yet. I have been living within this capitalism for a long time, so your lack of understanding of the obvious is strange to me. Vestiges of the Soviet past?

Then it is very strange that a capitalist does not accept a business development tool.

Since you do not understand the PLO at all, it is difficult to explain what it is.

But it is the fact that it serves to facilitate programming.

A newcomer in trading comes in - he doesn't care what is inside there, he sees the Buy button and trade order parameters. He fills it in, clicks it - voila.

He does not care about what happens inside the terminal - what gears are turning there when the button is pressed - he has not come here for this.

A newcomer to programming comes to mql5 - for him it's possible to write programs in procedural (your) style, and he sits down at "a pile of papers" trying to understand the documentation. It's like in mql4,
and he has a second option - to start using the supplied SB(standard library) that allows him to write his programs without knowing direct access to standard functions - question-answer style, which is much easier.

You just do not understand what it's all about, and you keep saying from your own bell towers that you are a cool capitalist and that you do not need it. And you don't write programs for yourself, since you're a capitalist, but for consumers.

And the consumer-trader does not care what style of program is written, as long as it does what he expects it to do.

For consumer-programmers there is OOP - they use it without thinking about the subtleties of the language.

For developers-programmers there is both.

So your statement that it turns out OOP hampers and inhibits the development of the platform is very strange.

Well, i.e., OOP is a calculator and procedural is a pencil and paper.

It turns out the calculator slows down development.

Capitalism...

Реter Konow:

It seems that my comment about low brain power was offensive. I sincerely apologise. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

And good health to you. Good luck.

You're probably thrilled with yourself, brainpower ;)))

Олег avtomat:

You must be thrilled with yourself, brainpower ;)))

Oleg, don't be boisterous. Well, it's just that the man doesn't quite know what he's talking about.

And here you are talking about OOPs...

It seems that @Retag Konow thinks we should ban computers and go back to accounts. just to be clear, nothing to stop those with "little brain power", in his words, from coming to trade.

With respect.

Artyom Trishkin:

Then it is very strange that the capitalist does not adopt a business development tool.

Since you do not understand OOP at all, it is difficult to explain what it is.

But the fact that it does serve to facilitate programming is a fact.

A newcomer in trading comes in - he doesn't care what is inside there, he sees the Buy button and trade order parameters. He fills it in, clicks it - voila.

He does not care about what happens inside the terminal - what gears are turning there when the button is pressed - he has not come here for this.

If a newbie comes to mql5 programming, he is able to write programs in procedural (your) style, and he sits down at "a pile of papers" trying to understand the documentation. It's like in mql4,
and he has a second option - to start using the supplied SB(standard library) that allows him to write his programs without knowing direct access to standard functions - question-answer style, which is much easier.

You just do not understand what it's all about, and you keep saying from your own bell towers that you are a cool capitalist and that you do not need it. And you don't write programs for yourself, since you're a capitalist, but for consumers.

And the consumer-trader does not care what style of program is written, as long as it does what he expects it to do.

For consumer-programmers there is OOP - they use it without thinking about the subtleties of the language.

For developers-programmers there is both.

So your statement that it turns out OOP hampers and inhibits the development of the platform is very strange.

Well, i.e., OOP is a calculator and procedural is a pencil and paper.

It turns out that the calculator slows down development.

Capitalism...

Well, everything is mixed up - capitalism, OOP, Mormons)).

1. Capitalism is the way of development of our civilization at the moment. To reject it, is to reject the laws by which the modern world exists. I'm talking specifically about the world, not just one country. We have to live in a capitalist society which imposes its mentality and laws.

2. I suggest that the GOP creates a difficult barrier to overcome for newcomers. Some overcome it, some don't. In general, yes, it prevents development for sure. Although it sounds silly...

3. Maybe the reasons for the difficulties of MT5 are elsewhere, I'm just making an assumption. I could be wrong. We should poll a few thousand users and everything will become clear.

Реter Konow:

Well, it's all mixed up - capitalism, the GOP, Mormons.)

1. Capitalism is the way our civilisation is currently developing. To reject it is to reject the laws by which the modern world exists. I'm talking specifically about the world, not just one country. We have to live in a capitalist society which imposes its mentality and laws.

2. I suggest that the GOP creates a difficult barrier to overcome for newcomers. Some overcome it, some don't. In general, yes, it prevents development for sure. Although it sounds silly...

3. Maybe the reasons for the difficulties of MT5 are elsewhere, I'm just making an assumption. I could be wrong. We should poll a few thousand users and everything will become clear.

Why are you walking away from your original statements?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Mt4 End of support.

Retag Konow, 2017.09.09 21:22

The intellectual barrier to using MT5 is certainly higher. Higher for both programmers and regular users. In my opinion, this is what has prevented the platform over the last few years from taking the lead and completely supplanting MT4.

To apply harsh measures, such as cutting off support for the old platform, is too dangerous; making MT5 more comfortable and easy for users is quite possible and safe. Personally, I see it as the only solution to the problem.

What should we do to simplify the placing of orders and remove extra OOP features? Nothing. But as it turns out - these little things have a lot to do with it...

And how is MT5 more complicated? It has everything that MT4 has. Aren't you confusing the terms "terminal" and "terminal program"?

Preciselythe use of SB simplifies the programming of orders and access to all of the property fields of orders, deals and positions.

Get out of the cage of supermind already.

Andrey Kisselyov:

It seems that @Retag Konow thinks we should ban computers and go back to accounts. just to be clear, nothing to stop those with "little brain power", in his words, from coming to trade.

With respect.

Here's if for the sake of interest, to make a very simple, but very feature-rich language. So that people could describe the strategy in their own words and make it work. Would it attract more users? Or will they start to lose interest and leave?
Reason: