Mt4 End of support. - page 2

Реter Konow:

So I conclude: the complexity of MQL5, compared to MQL4, unfortunately does not give any advantages to any programmer, let alone a developer. Why doesn't the developer need it? Simply because he or she will always find a way to solve a task with the minimum set of tools. Why doesn't the programmer need it? Because additional complexity takes more efforts from him/her during his/her work.

Well, you can tell traders about your classification.

Yes, I didn't know what makes it difficult to work... And I didn't know that the balalaika is almost as easy to play as the organ (about a minimal set of instruments).

As they say about a "bad dancer": if you don't like it, don't touch the PLO, but no, it interferes.

Реter Konow:

The intellectual barrier to using MT5 is certainly higher. Higher for both programmers and ordinary users. In my opinion, this is what has prevented the platform in recent years from taking the leading position and completely displacing MT4.

To apply harsh measures, such as cutting off support for the old platform, is too dangerous; making MT5 more comfortable and easy for users is quite possible and safe. Personally, I see the solution to the problem only in this case.

What should we do to remove extra OOP-hackles and simplify the order placing? Nothing. But as it turns out - a lot depends on these little things...

Let's think logically, the language and commands of mt5 platform are being introduced in mt4, why are they being introduced in mt4 if you want to scrap it? The answer is obvious.
I think mt4 and mt5 will work in parallel, like now.
my opinion, after introducing hedge calculation in mt5 its ratings will steadily grow, because there is too much tricky for mt5 in the service itself. But all this is solved by bringing new functions to their old analogue by wrapping new functions, for a programmer it's easy to do once and in the future to connect the library file (if you really don't want to go deep into the language itself).

Vladimir Pastushak:

I dont know how to use mt4.

Is this true and who knows what?

i think it can be explained by mt5 instead of mt4, because the user decided so.

if somebody is interested in mt4 it's better to ask developers, address to sd.

with respect.

Vladimir Pastushak:

If you don't understand the OOP trickery, it doesn't mean others don't. The problem with Mt 5 was at the root (lack of locos, position gluing). Mt 5 went uphill as soon as locks were allowed.

How is not allowed? What about the account headgear?

Vladimir Pastushak:

If you don't understand OOP trickery, it doesn't mean others don't. The problem with Mt 5 was at the root (lack of locos, position gluing). Mt 5 went uphill as soon as locks were allowed.

I read several of your posts in various threads, where you openly admit that you do not understand some of the "contrivances" OOP. You asked me to explain. At the same time, your programming experience must be much more than mine. You see the problem too narrowly. Like there were some particular problems and now they've been fixed and everything is ok. But it's not quite so. I try to look deeper, and from my viewpoint, frills are meaningless and harmful where there is not enough power for them.

Galina Bobro:

Well, you can tell traders about your classification.

Yes, I didn't know what makes it difficult to work... And I didn't know that the balalaika is almost as self-explanatory as the organ (about a minimal set of instruments).

As they say about a "bad dancer": if you don't like it, don't touch the PLO, but no, it interferes.

Do you understand the difference between art and development? An engineer doesn't need extra tools in his/her job if his/her task doesn't require them. If an engineer were an artist or a musician and wrote a piece of work, this dryness of style would be inexcusable for him. But a developer is not an artist. So leave the inappropriate comparisons to the balalaika and the organ. This is not a philharmonic, but a pure development.

Реter Konow:

The intellectual barrier to using MT5 is certainly higher. Higher for both programmers and ordinary users. In my opinion, this is what has prevented the platform in recent years from taking the leading position and completely displacing MT4.

To apply harsh measures, such as cutting off support for the old platform, is too dangerous; making MT5 more comfortable and easy for users is quite possible and safe. Personally, I see the solution to the problem only in this.

What is it worth to remove extra OOP-enhancers and simplify the placing of orders? Nothing. But as it turns out - a lot depends on these little things...

Who makes you use OOP? Who exactly? We will collectively condemn him badly!

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Who is forcing you to use OOP? Exactly who? We will collectively condemn him badly!

Tell me, why have you personally only partially switched to MT5?

Galina Bobro:

How is it not allowed? What about hedge accounts?

They have been around for a while, less than a year. Before that, it was only netting for 6-7 years.

Реter Konow:
Tell me, why have you personally only partly switched to MT5?

First - I just haven't physically redesigned all my toolset yet. Second - MT5 does not yet have the required brokerage companies with hedged margin equal to zero and sane spreads.

But the process of connecting new brokerage companies to MT5 is inevitable, so it's just a question of time. But I use PLO for a long time and with great pleasure. Since the early 90s when its beginning appeared in Borland products.

Andrey Kisselyov:

But all this is solved by bringing new functions to their old analogue by wrapping new functions, it is easy for a programmer to do it once and in future to include the library file (if you really don't want to get into the language itself). As we all know, any development progresses from simple to complex, so mt5 is the next step in complicating the very product of MQ.

Of course, for an experienced programmer or developer it's no big deal to figure out MQL5. But think of newcomers and self-taught people who want to master programming just to implement their "genius" strategies. And they will find it hard to master the additional features, and when choosing a platform, they are unlikely to think too much. That is the problem.

Reason: