How to code? - page 26

Don't know of anything like that, but I'd sure like to know about it if you can find it!

Anyone heard of "The Insiders Code"?

I just got an email from someone named Mac X(supposedly a former hedge fund trader) touting a system called "The Insiders Code"...anyone ever heard of this?

It is $1977 plus shipping!!!!!

That's a lot of freakin money!!!!!!

MQL code?

Hello. I've been downloading some of the custom indicators I've found on this website but I'm having problems getting many of them to run. I'm not that good with programming and I'm new to MT4 but when I examine the code of many of these indicators they appear to be in a language other than MQL. They don't compile or run. Do they need to be converted somehow? Please help!

PS I've included a visual example of what the code looks like most often.

Files:
code.jpg  137 kb

Lol....Try right click and choose "save As". it should be in mq4 format

LOL. It looks like you're getting the HTML code in with your indicators. how EXACTLY do you download your indicators? Are you just clicking on an indicator, then when it is loaded in the browser saving the page("File->Save Page as" or something like that)? If so, that's going to introduce that extra code. What should work would be to right-click on the link to the actual indicator and selecting "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..."

I hope this works for you. It is a bit amusing that you're somehow getting html code, too, though.

Hey guys thanks for your help. I think I figured out what was happening. My download accelator was jumping the gun and immediately downloading the html code instead of the mql. It's fixed now. All I have to do is disable the accelator and then it works okay.

It's very expensive, Iam sure that he lost a lot of money in forex trader..He...he...he..

Nic

Here's how you weed out the scammers from the real-deal guys:

Ask them for their live trading records/statements, and the permission to call their broker to verify that they're truthful.

If they won't give you that, THEY ARE SCAMMERS, or possibly just newbies who think they're on to something.

You'll find that almost no one will pass this test, meaning almost everyone offering trading products/services ARE SCAMMERS, or, at best, sincere people who believe their stuff may work but haven't really proven it yet.

open chart window from code

HI ALL!

I'm making here an expert adviser that scans through all available currencies and certain setup combinations combinatorially, then it prints the currencies that fit the rules (altogether there's 70 currencies and about 30 setup settings). It's working fine, but I want to optimize the process by making it open the charts with needed currencies and setups automatically, so is it possible to do it from code somehow? Nothing such I have found on mql4.com

Thanx!

Reason: