Videos for the marketplace - page 3

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Here are two files, both compressed by Lagarith Lossless Codec withCamStudio 2.7.4 screen capturesize 1280x720 20fps

The first version is in colour (37.5 MB) - the original is quite passable - here's a screenshot of the PC video

However, on youtube it looks sad:

The B&W version (3.9MB) YouTube has re-converted more acceptably:

And what can we conclude - YouTube is not suitable for colour graphs, and everything should be posted in BW?

Camtasia has an encoding option for YouTube, I'll have to try that. And it's true that YouTube's MP4 is overcompensating and ruining the quality.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Camtasia has an encoding option for YouTube, I'll give it a try. It's true that YouTube's MP4 does compress and degrade the quality.

Try it out to see if it has some encoding secret.

We'll include support for in-house display of mp4 video files directly on the site without the need to upload to youtube.

It will be possible to insert the files directly into posts.

Renat Fatkhullin:

We'll include support for in-house display of mp4 video files directly on the site without the need to upload to youtube.

It will be possible to insert the files directly into posts.

This will be useful for the forum and the market, but there will still be a need for YouTube. After all, it is an advertising platform with a huge audience.

Renat Fatkhullin:

You'll be able to insert the files directly into posts.

That would be great!

Another question is what codecs will be allowed... I used Lagarith Lossless Codec , from my sample it turned out to be the most adequate - best compression rate while maintaining size and quality, especially with the colour version. However, one minute - 37.5 - hour 37.5*60=2250 MB, which is not a small size, of course.

I understand it's not your direction, but making a vector codec/format to save video would be genius!

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

This will be great!

Another question is which codecs will be allowed... I used Lagarith Lossless Codec , from my sample it turned out to be the most adequate - best compression ratio while maintaining size and quality, especially with colour version. However, one minute - 37.5 - hour 37.5*60=2250 MB, which is not a small size, of course.

I understand it's not your direction, but making a vector codec/format to save video would be genius!

I was involved in codec optimisation at my last job. You don't have to invent anything, everything is freely available long ago.

Download

K-Lite Codec Pack

Alexey Volchanskiy:

My last job was optimising codecs. You don't have to invent anything, everything is freely available.

Download

K-Lite Codec Pack.

Of course I have this package and what do you suggest to use? It's a bitmap compression method, not vector conversion.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

Of course I have this package, so what do you suggest I use? There's a bitmap compression method, not vector conversion.

So... what are you going to compress in the video? I'm doing a screen recording, it's a raster, raster is fine.

Or do you want a very small size? What for?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

So... what are you going to compress in the video? I'm doing a screen recording, it's a bitmap, bitmap is fine.

Or do you want a very small size? What for?

Yes, I'm talking about another method of solving the problem - when it's not a picture that is recorded from the screen, but the coordinates of objects that are read during playback. Objects in the terminal are 99% simple, that's why I had this idea - to render everything not in a picture, but in the form of formulas per object. For example, if we have a 500-bar window, we calculate vectors for each object, then draw everything in a pore format and then take another 500 bars.

This is not possible to view in an ordinary video player, but it would be a unique tool for exchanging information between traders.

Well, the question of further lossless video conversion is open - I need to conduct tests. But the software with which I convert video does not work correctly withLagarith Lossless Codec.

Small size I want because to spend 2 gigabytes/hour on video where there are no complex objects - not reasonable.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I'm talking about a different method of solving the problem - when it's not a picture that's written from the screen, but the coordinates of objects, which are read during playback. Objects in the terminal are 99% simple, which is why the idea arose - to represent everything not in an image, but in the form of formulas per object. For example, if we have a 500-bar window, we calculate vectors for each object, then draw everything in a pore format and then take another 500 bars.

This is not possible to view in an ordinary video player, but it would be a unique tool for exchanging information between traders.

Well, the question of further lossless video conversion is open - I need to conduct tests, but the software with which I convert video does not work correctly withLagarith Lossless Codec.

Small size I want because it is not reasonable to spend 2 gigabytes on video without complex objects.

Ah, I see, nothing to occupy mind )) I thought we were talking in relation to YouTube or other hosts.

I'm sick of these codecs at my last job, it was a soul-searching activity, but to each his own. Knew a man who wrote an audio lossless codec with better than world compression, he said.

He never sold it or patented it, saving his secrets.

MQ will not do this 100%, video must play for everyone and on all devices.

Reason: