The Best timeframe

I have discovered that timeframes hold a great key in trading.For example there are time that some trades look so well defined in 4hrs and daily but 15 minutes is pointing opposite direction.Before you know it,boom the market corrects in the direction of 15mins.Those who entered based on 4hrs will experience a serious change in direction or drawdown.What do you say about the power of timeframes and especially the 15minutes tf. regards.

you talking about multi time frame analysis???

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Something Interesting in Forex Video May 2013

newdigital, 2013.05.03 07:45

This is next short video by Alexander Elder from this seria: First Step to Trading Success: Choose Your Proper Time Frame

Traders often focus on finding one or many complex indicators to use, but Alexander Elder explains that deciding what time frame to analyze is the most important first step. 

Watch this video and got some important message regarding time frame and trading. Really helpful logic. Thanks. 

newdigital:

finally some truth and perspective in this sea of misunderstanding and laziness.

thank you

The higher timeframe, the smaller spurious signals it can produce a trading system.

newdigital:

Alexander Elder is one of the most people I like to hear/watch their audio/videos. Search for Triple Screen Trading System for him. It is very informative about the time frame effect on your trading results.

Alex2356:
The higher timeframe, the smaller spurious signals it can produce a trading system.

Yes, you're right ...

Higher time frame = Less frequent trading ...

Higher time frame = Trading in the direction of more trustful trend ...

Higher time frame = Need bigger Stops ...

Higher time frame = Bigger TPs ...

Higher time frame = Needs more equity to do the right trading environment ... 

Higher time frame = Less pressure and less account supervision ...

BUT ...

Most of us like to see many trades on their terminal !. 

4hour good time frame  for trading. trend is very clearly viewed in 4hour.

news spike not affect in higher time frame.

i prefer M5 Timeframe with H1 and H4 Candles superimposed on it.

Osama Shaban:

Yes, you're right ...

Higher time frame = Less frequent trading ...

Higher time frame = Trading in the direction of more trustful trend ...

Higher time frame = Need bigger Stops ...

Higher time frame = Bigger TPs ...

Higher time frame = Needs more equity to do the right trading environment ... 

Higher time frame = Less pressure and less account supervision ...

BUT ...

Most of us like to see many trades on their terminal !. 

That's why I feel comfort with using high time frame. I use H4 chart as my main time frame. I can be more relax while trading, and I always get the best signal I think
Reason: