I'm puzzled... EAs don't work on real accounts... maybe we should change broker?

Colleagues. Good afternoon, everyone. I will describe two situations that happened to me yesterday and the day before yesterday. I was not prepared for this and am very upset. I would like to know your opinion. Is it an ordinary ordinary situation or I have to change my brokerage company?

I have written several Expert Advisors. I have tested them on stories. I have tested them on my account and all of them work. I have tested them on my real account. I'm watching my interest, which has increased almost 40% in less than three weeks. I'm excited, getting ready to move to Monaco. And suddenly...

Situation one.

Opened a position to sell USD franc. Opened on the 30th in the evening. I am standing with take at 0.9623. I am driving in the car, looking at quotes with one eye. I see that at 0:15 the bid was 0.9619. Being sure that my position is closed, I go to bed. I get into my computer in the morning and... I see that nothing was closed (in spite of the fact that the Bid was 0.9620 at 0:45) and the franc went up. Then it really came back down and I took a very nice profit. I start to analyze why the position was not closed during the night. It turned out that at 0:15 my brokerage company had 7 points spread on frank. I.e. the asc was 0.9625. From the conversation with technical support I got the following - spreads are not limited during night time. They can be as much as 100 points. I knew that during night time low liquid spread may increase (but I do not know why it is considered as low liquid in the open sessions of America, Japan and China). But by 6 times !!! Is this the case with all brokerage companies now? Does it mean we have to build strategies that work with a 10-point spread?

The second situation.

I wanted to switch off the order yesterday when I knew that there would be news about the GDP. But I didn't. I trusted in my owl. Anyway, everyone saw what the Canadian did yesterday. When I was losing money on the downside, I was sure it was because of a bad strategy. Like I missed something. Didn't work it out. I did not see how it was going from the beginning and thought it just rushed downwards and flew without stopping. When a losing position finally closed, I ran my EA on the test and found out that I should not have lost money. The EA worked out this situation (on the test run) and closed with a profit. I.e. quotes allowing me to earn on this movement came and I should have earned. I went to check the logs to see if my Expert Advisor was glitched and it turned out to be this. The Expert Advisor was not glitched. It turned out that several quotes came not just in one short period of time, but almost instantly. I.e., the Expert Advisor just did not have enough time to work out the incoming ticks. By the time it had modified the orders, the market had already gone down. But!!! According to the log, we can see that it takes only 0.07 seconds to modify 1 order. Only six orders had to be modified (not orders themselves but their Take Points). The fact that all six orders open without slippage suggests that we have had at least six ticks during which the Expert Advisor had time to modify the orders. But he or she did not manage to do it. I would have understood it if a GEP had occurred, but it didn't. Could several quotes in a row really happen within 0.42 seconds?

I don't believe that. I believe more that brokerage companies may delay sending ticks from the server, and then say: sorry, the Expert Advisor didn't have time to work. Or they may increase spread uncontrollably at night and say - the time was low. If so, the era of brokerage brokerage is not over yet. Or am I wrong?

Reactor555:

Colleagues. Good afternoon, everyone. I will describe two situations that happened to me yesterday and the day before yesterday. I was not prepared for this and am very upset. I would like to know your opinion. Is it an ordinary situation or I have to change my brokerage company?

I have written several Expert Advisors. I have tested them on stories. I have tested them on my account and all of them work. I have tested them on my real account. I'm watching my interest, which has increased almost 40% in less than three weeks. I'm excited, getting ready to move to Monaco. And suddenly...

Situation one.

Opened a position to sell USD franc. Opened on the 30th in the evening. I am standing with take at 0.9623. I am driving in the car, looking at quotes with one eye. I see that at 0:15 the bid was 0.9619. Being sure that my position is closed, I go to bed. I get into my computer in the morning and... I see that nothing was closed (in spite of the fact that the Bid was 0.9620 at 0:45) and the franc went up. Then it really came back down and I took a very nice profit. I start to analyze why the position was not closed during the night. It turned out that at 0:15 my brokerage company had 7 points spread on frank. I.e. the asc was 0.9625. From the conversation with technical support I got the following - spreads are not limited during night time. They can be as much as 100 points. I knew that during night time low liquid spread may increase (but I do not know why it is considered as low liquid in the open sessions of America, Japan and China). But by 6 times !!! Is this the case with all brokerage companies now? Does it mean we have to build strategies that work with a 10-point spread?

The second situation.

I wanted to switch off the order yesterday when I knew that there would be news about the GDP. But I didn't. I trusted in my owl. Anyway, everyone saw what the Canadian did yesterday. When I was losing money on the downside, I was sure it was because of a bad strategy. Like I missed something. Didn't work it out. I did not see how it was going from the beginning and thought it just rushed downwards and flew without stopping. When a losing position finally closed, I ran my EA on the test and found out that I should not have lost money. The EA worked out this situation (on the test run) and closed with a profit. I.e. quotes allowing me to earn on this movement came and I should have earned. I went to check the logs to see if my Expert Advisor was glitched and it turned out to be this. The Expert Advisor was not glitched. It turned out that several quotes came not just in one short period of time, but almost instantly. I.e., the Expert Advisor just did not have enough time to work out the incoming ticks. By the time it had modified the orders, the market had already gone down. But!!! According to the log, we can see that it takes only 0.07 seconds to modify 1 order. Only six orders had to be modified (not orders themselves but their Take Points). The fact that all six orders open without slippage suggests that we have had at least six ticks during which the Expert Advisor had time to modify the orders. But he or she did not manage to do it. I would have understood it if a GEP had occurred, but it didn't. Could several quotes in a row really happen within 0.42 seconds?

I don't believe that. I believe more that brokerage companies may delay sending ticks from the server, and then say: sorry, the Expert Advisor didn't have time to work. Or they may increase spread uncontrollably at night and say - the time was low. If so, the era of brokerage brokerage is not over yet. Or am I wrong?

On the first point I advise to write an indicator of spread. Now MT5 allows us to conduct tests on real ticks and build indicators on real ticks. So, put such an indicator on several accounts and check how spreads widen at night/on the news. After that - choose the best account to trade in.

Can several quotes in a row really be faster than 0.42 seconds?

Yes, they can. And they will. Ticks come to the terminal with millisecond accuracy. In other words, the difference in quotes may be 0.001 seconds.

The Bottom Line: Choose your brokerage company carefully. Or better go to the stock exchange. There both the spreads are smaller, and you will not get wrong quotes.

Alexey Kozitsyn:

Better still, go trading on the stock exchange. The spreads are smaller there, and you won't get fake quotes.

Our exchange or an American one? Is it the same with volatility as on the forex market? I would try it. I don't care what I start my owls on.

Reactor555:

Our exchange or an American one? Is it the same with volatility as forex? I would give it a try. I don't care what I run my owls on.

Ours (if you live in Russia). There is nothing wrong with volatility. Brent is unlikely to move:)

Please recommend a normal brokerage company that allows trading on MT on our exchange. I will try what to get out of it.

Reactor555:

Our exchange or an American one? Is it the same with volatility as forex? I would give it a try. I do not care what my owls are running on.

Look at the CFDs on the American market, they have more than a hundred instruments. On the Russian stock market, the choice is not great.

When trading CFDs, you don't need a deposit of 100,000

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Look at the US CFD market, there are over a hundred instruments. On the Russian exchange, there is not much choice.

You don't need a 100,000 deposit to trade CFDs.

I have no need to have a deposit of 100,000 and I will start trading in Russia. Thank you for your advice. My idea is to use some brokerage company with small deposit. I have not studied anything else except forex.

Reactor555:

Vitaly. Thanks for the advice. Can you advise a brokerage company where I can experiment on a small deposit. I haven't studied any markets except forex.

I have a few more dealing houses with cfd, but i have chosen the right one for my instruments, but you can search for it. Freshforex has a cfd section on russian equities, there are also americans. Try it and make your choice.

I sometimes trade amers manually, but I choose instruments under 20$, there is less collateral and volatility, they are safer to trade. I got into amazon long, so in 5 minutes it was -70$, great volatility.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Open a demo in amarkets and see what's what, there are several other dealing with cfd, but I stopped at this one by the choice of instruments, but you can look it up. Freshforex has a cfd section on russian equities, there are also amers. Try it and make your choice.

I sometimes trade amers manually, but I choose instruments under 20$, there is less collateral and volatility, they are safer to trade. Got into amazon long, so -70$ in 5 minutes, great volatility.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Reactor555:

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I tried putting an EA in, but it didn't go, no gaps on forex, which are often on stocks. On gaps it loses, on forex it works. But I have a medium term one, maybe it will work for you, I have seen these

Reactor555:

Please recommend a normal brokerage company that allows trading on MT on our exchange. I will try what to get out of it.

If you want to trade on the real exchange, you need a broker, not a DC. There are three brokers for MT5. These are opening, bx and finam (not advertising, it cannot be an advertisement to list all brokers for this platform). And read this article.
Reason: