What is a trend? - page 38

Victor Ziborov:

Dear Gentlemen Traders, please tell me, do you know how to recognize a trend reversal? How do you distinguish a trend reversal from a pullback (from a correction)? How do you do it practically ?

By intuition, by instinct, but you can not only read signs but also influence. Everything is interconnected in the world, the subjective is objective. Every idea is realized through patterns of interconnection of neurons of the brain, which consist of ordinary matter, protons, neutrons, electrons, which in their turn broadcast influence on all the matter around, and the world will never be the same again. They say that even one electron, if it had been in the wrong place at the time of the big bang, our solar system would not exist. Not just you and me, but simply by thinking about something we set in motion trillions of electrons and ions, thought is material, if a trader thinks about a trend, and he is ready to bet his life on it, there will be a trend, the universe will serve the trader, in the extreme case the universe will fork and go on a new branch.

Vasily Perepelkin:

Golden words! True!!!

All depends on the trader, on the person, on his requirements for profit and risk, on how deep his purse is and how heavy are his balls, to what extent this formation is a trend/flot, the price is formed by a consensus of traders all over the world, and they are all human, even those who use automatons, respectively.

all price movementsare SUBJECTIVE, not formalizable.

Nonsense, of course!

It is not a PREPARATION of the FUTURE price, but a EVALUATION of an already drawn line on a flat two-dimensional graph. And to fail to calculate it and determine the current direction of that chart is to be completely unskilled with a mathematical apparatus that can easily calculate three-dimensional objects, let alone two-dimensional flat charts.

Vasily Perepelkin:

Golden words! True!!!

all price movements are SUBJECTIVE, not formalizable

Doubling a ringing consonant gives a squaring of the exclamation marks.

(not my drawing)

ps where is the mistake?

Serqey Nikitin:

Nonsense, of course!

After all, we are not talking about Predicting the FUTURE price, but about EVALUATING an already drawn line on a flat two-dimensional chart. And to fail to calculate it and determine the current direction of that chart is to be completely unskilled with a mathematical apparatus that can easily calculate three-dimensional objects, let alone two-dimensional flat charts.

Predicting the future is an utterly useless exercise, neither trends, nor patterns, nor fractals will help. The biggest mistake as a trader is trying to predict the future. But that doesn't mean there are no trends, and it doesn't mean you can't make money on them.

Андрей:

Predicting the future is an utterly useless exercise, neither trends, nor patterns, nor fractals are helpful. The biggest mistake a trader can make is trying to predict the future. But it does not mean that there are no trends, and it does not mean you cannot make money on them.

How can you make money without predicting the future? Why do you need trends then? And then how can you make money on them - in the past?

Yury Kirillov:

How can you make money without predicting the future? What do you need trends for then? And then how can you make money on them - in the past?

Not in the past, but in the present. After all, you can say about the trend - there is a trend, so trade with it according to its rate. Or we can say - the trend is over, and stop trading it. Something like this =)

It's like with wind and waves at sea, waves go where the wind blows, we have a sailboat, it's stupid to sail in the calm, it's very difficult to sail against the wind, but many do so (counter-trend trading). See the waves, spread the sails.

Андрей:

Predicting the future is an utterly useless exercise, neither trends, nor patterns, nor fractals are helpful. The biggest mistake a trader can make is trying to predict the future. But that does not mean there are no trends, and it does not mean there is no profit to be made on them.

By setting a takeprofit, we predict that price will reach that level.

khorosh:
By setting a takeprofit, we are predicting that price will reach that level.

I'm against takeovers, I'm in favour of stops.

Андрей:

I am against tees, I am in favour of stops.

Many people hold a different opinion. For some reason Zhirinovsky's election slogan comes to mind: we are for the poor, we are for the Russians).
Reason: