What is the minimum acceptable deposit for trading on the stock exchange? - page 2

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I did not test it on the demo. I just tested the Expert Advisor with 1 lot on the real. My ATS drawdown was about 20% for the year during tests in the tester, so I decided it was enough for real, while I declined the drawdown to 6% on tests...

I can test on the demo, but one has to understand that there you don't have influence on the market, unlike on the real one. But, if you have the opportunity to work on all ticks in the tester, the demo account makes no sense, except for understanding the nuances and debugging.

P.S. For opening of 1 lot by Si by pause it is necessary in area 3,5k rubles.

Yes, I have already looked at the specification.

And another question, why are there such peaks on Si, and they are strictly at 10:00 and 16:00?

Also, as I understand it, there is no clearing on the demo account, and this is a very important operation in providing EAs with position support - as there is an over-opening of the position!

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Yes, I've already looked at the specs.

And another question, why are there such peaks on Si, and are they strictly at 10:00 and 16:00?

At 10 a.m., trading starts - a lot can change during the night - people want to catch up with the market. But, at 10:00 there is little liquidity - stops are sliding very much! That's why I tend to think that it is not worth leaving a position overnight because of it.

At 16:00 - apparently the American session - as you know, foreign capital rules on our stock exchange, so they realize their interests, but there is not always a sharp movement. I would pay attention to the 14:00 and 19:00, where there are reversals of intraday trends.

Something about your screenshot isn't right... I mean, I don't have spires like that.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

10:00 start of trading - a lot can change overnight - people want to catch up with the market. But, there is little liquidity at 10:00 - stops slide a lot! Therefore, I'm inclined to think that it is not worth leaving a position overnight because of this.

At 16:00 - apparently the American session - as you know, foreign capital rules on our stock exchange, so they realize their interests, but there is not always a sharp movement. I would pay attention to 14:00 and 19:00, there are reversals of intraday trends.

One last question )) Why do I have 5:45-22:15 in my specs?

physically, i.e. as much as you have enough to trade, on any US exchange you can trade even with $1, money restrictions may be only from the broker, not from the exchange or regulators, but you will not get to the US exchange without Tax ID, because paying taxes on income in the US is sacred, non-residents may apply for Tax ID and trade from abroad, but it is quite a painful process

you can open an account with some brokers even from $0, there are those who ask $1000 to start, there are those who ask $5000 and those who ask from $25000, in the latter case such requirements are usually imposed if you want to trade options because 1 option is often about 100 shares and for liquidity reasons they will not let you enter the market if you cannot buy for example 100 Apple shares for $100 each = $10000

brokers who don't give you extra tools like options open accounts with much smaller amounts

Alexey Volchanskiy:

One last question )) Why do I have 5:45-22:15 in my specs?

Apparently this is how the server is set up - to discourage interest in the MT5.... platform

By the way, and I have a joint in the specs, actually trading stops at 23:50 and starts at 10:00 ...

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

By the way, I have a bug in the spec as well, actually trading stops at 23:50 but starts at 10:00 ...

Looked at other FORTS instruments, everywhere it is5:45-22:15

All right, it's not a big deal. I should change the robot to netting and try to use real ticks in the tester. And write a ticks reader from the history in csv and look what happens to those spikes in Matlab.

The volatility is better than at Forex.

Thanks for the tips, I will write here about the results )

Andy Sanders:
physically, i.e. how much you have for trading, you can trade on any exchange in the uS, even with $100, money limitations may only be imposed by a broker, not by the exchange or the regulators, but you cannot enter the exchange in the uS without tax ID, because paying taxes on income in the uS is sacred, non-residents can issue tax ID and trade from abroad, but it is rather painful

you can open an account with some brokers even from $0, there are those who ask $1000 to start, there are those who ask $5000 and those who ask from $25000, in the latter case such requirements are usually imposed if you want to trade options because 1 option is often about 100 shares and for liquidity reasons they will not let you enter the market if you cannot buy for example 100 Apple shares for $100 each = $10000

brokers who don't give you extra tools like options open accounts with much smaller amounts

I, too, have been told about the $100 minimum for Chicago specifically. About Tax ID, then how do they trade in America through Russian brokers?

The trades go through like from a broker who has this Tax ID?

Reason: