OOP vs procedural programming - page 20

Dmitry Fedoseev:

In the properties window switches.

Then make one intu-parameter in external EA table where user will set number of needed trailing. Next, write a function with swtch, inside which are case, with defined defines trailing types (numbered from 1 to 100) and after them call for specific trailing function.

Реter Konow:
Then make one intu-parameter in external EA table, where user will set number of needed trailing. Next, write a function with swtch, inside of which are case, with defined defines defines trailing types (numbered from 1 to 100) and after them call of specific trailing function.

How do you read? Please reread the previous page carefully.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

How do you read? Read the previous page carefully.

Don't be rude, for starters. I can be pretty rude too. You'd better squeeze more words out of yourself. And justify why this decision is bad.

Реter Konow:
You're not being rude to begin with. I can be pretty rude, too. You'd better get the words out of your mouth. And justify why this decision is bad.

And you're thinking in the same place? It's already been substantiated, on the previous page.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

And you're thinking in the same place? It's already been substantiated, on the previous page.

You're afraid of failing, so you're rude. Consider it a fiasco, then. Better justify it and let's move on.

The ratio is not even 1:10, but 1:6. So if there are more than 6 options, then it is appropriate to OOP

Dmitry Fedoseev:

You said that the user enables trailing in the external table. Therefore he can only enable one trailing. Then you can use switch instead of if.

Реter Konow:
You're afraid of failing, so you're rude. Consider it a fiasco then. Better justify it and let's move on.

Anecdote:

Ilya Muromets went to fight the Serpent Gorynych. A day goes by, two days go by, suddenly he sees a mountain and in it a cave.
He looked into the cave and shouted:
- Gorynych the Serpent, come out, we'll fight!
And the answer is silence. He says again:
- Gorynych the Serpent, come out to fight!
Silence. For the third time:
- Gorynych the Serpent, come out and fight!
And then the head appears from behind the mountain:
- Well, let's fight, but why are you shouting?

Dmitry Fedoseev:

The ratio is not even 1:10, but 1:6. So, if there are more than 6 variants, then OOP is appropriate.

So describe the mechanism of this solution of yours. I described it specifically. But what you have is not clear. All you keep saying is that your solution is more efficient. When is it more effective? If under those conditions I've described, are you saying that your solution is more efficient than the switch operator?

When it comes to anecdotes, you're clearly more verbose than in proving your point...

Реter Konow:

So describe the mechanism of this decision of yours. I have described it specifically. What you have is incomprehensible. Only words that your solution is more effective. Under what conditions is it more effective? If it is under those conditions I've described, are you saying that your solution is more efficient than the switch operator?

When it comes to jokes, you're obviously more verbose than in proving your point...

So you don't know what OOP polymorphism is? So why are you spreading your fingers here?

Reason: