Hunting for Stop Losses - page 2

Kirill Shushkevich:

It's just that mt4 has a glass, so I thought it would work.)

Just in case. Volumes are not real volumes, but tick volumes. I.e. it's just the fact of the number of price changes per unit time.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
Just in case. Volumes are not real volumes, they are tick volumes. That is, it is only the fact of price changes per unit time.

so there is no point in applying volumes to forex either, they only work on futures?

Kirill Shushkevich:

so there is no point in applying volumes to forex either, they only work on futures?

Generally speaking, yes. It has nothing to do with real volumes. But, one can only assume, somehow it might be correlated with them. Or maybe not).

Continuing with the topic of stops. All of your trades - this is contracts and calculations only with brokerage companies and they are not put on the market. Neither trades with DC, nor stops have anything to do with the market. Now, how can the market (Forex) go against you? Or for you).

Yuriy Asaulenko:
In general, yes. It has nothing to do with real volumes. But, one can only speculate, it might correlate with them somehow. Or maybe not).

okay

Yuriy Asaulenko:

In general, yes. It has nothing to do with real volumes. But, one can only speculate, it might correlate with them somehow. Or maybe not).

Continuing on the topic of stops. All of your trades - this is the contracts and calculations exclusively with brokerage companies and not going to the market. Neither trades with DC, nor stops have anything to do with the market. Now, how can the market (Forex) go against you? Or for you).

It may very well! Forex trading is mostly based on technical analysis... Many people say that technical analysis is useless, but it is not... It works great if you BELIEVE IN IT! I'm not a religious man now)) It's quite simple: if most traders BELIEVE in a level (support, resistance), then this level works and it allows the market maker (you don't doubt its existence, right?) to work against the crowd (not you specifically, of course) and thus take out stops, which are set by the crowd according to the same thechanalysis ... But this is just my vision and it may be false, of course... One thing I know for sure - no one will ever know the truth for sure, because it is the whole essence of forex!

I believe in technical analysis, that's my first priority.

Maksim Neimerik:
Yes, it can! Forex trading is mostly based on technical analysis... Many people talk about the uselessness of the analysis but it is not so... It works great if you BELIEVE IN IT! I'm not getting into religion now)) It's quite simple: if most traders BELIEVE in a level (support, resistance), then this level works and it allows the market maker (you don't doubt its existence, right?) to work against the crowd (not you specifically, of course) and thus take out stops, which are set by the crowd according to the same thechanalysis ... But this is just my vision and it may be false, of course... One thing I know for sure - no one will ever know the truth for sure, because it is the whole essence of forex!
What you write may to some extent apply to exchanges. It has nothing to do with Forex (the market, not DCs). Just for the record - quotes on Forex are not market, but indicative.

Kirill Shushkevich:

It's just that mt4 has a marketplace, so I thought it was working)

In mt4 there is only one broker that has a market. And the orders in it are exclusively from clients of that broker.

Kirill Shushkevich:

I believe in tech analysis, that's my number one priority.

Then you are doomed. ReadMaksim Neimerik's post again, what they do to those who believe.)

Maksim Neimerik:
It may very well happen! Forex trading is based mostly on technical analysis. Many say that the analysis is useless, but it's not so ... It works great if you BELIEVE IN IT! I'm not a religious man now)) It's quite simple: if most traders BELIEVE in a level (support, resistance), then this level works and it allows the market maker (you don't doubt its existence, right?) to work against the crowd (not you specifically, of course) and thus take out stops, which are set by the crowd according to the same thechanalysis ... But this is just my vision and it may be false, of course... One thing I know for sure - no one will ever know the truth for sure, because it is the whole essence of forex!

Alexey Viktorov:

In mt4, there is only one broker's marketplace. And the orders in it are exclusively from clients of that broker.

got it

Reason: